battery dead(ecu reset?)

A

Anonymous

hey peoples, went to take the car for a spin last sat. and well the battery was that dead the keyless entry thing wouldnd even unlock the doors,
anyway just wondering if the battery is dead flat but still connected will the ecu still reset itself, and if so is there anything that has to be re changed, or is there nothing that can change when the ecu is reset?
sorry for a dumm ass question but me and anything mechanical dont mix too well.

jonesgti_r

Had a flat battery on mine a few times before I bought a new 1. Never had any problems but I'm not running any computers or gizmos

Mine has leather

A

Anonymous

quote:Originally posted by gtir_luke
hey peoples, went to take the car for a spin last sat. and well the battery was that dead the keyless entry thing wouldnd even unlock the doors,
anyway just wondering if the battery is dead flat but still connected will the ecu still reset itself, and if so is there anything that has to be re changed, or is there nothing that can change when the ecu is reset?
sorry for a dumm ass question but me and anything mechanical dont mix too well.

are you sure the car battery is flat and it`s not just the battery in the remote?

J

jasegould

You wont get any probs with the ecu if u'r batt goes flat. You will lose your radio stations but thats all[:D]

Now with Vitamin C!

A

Anonymous

oks thanks for that, thought it was a stupid ques.. fwell better safe then sorry...owell now itll have a odocy 1000 so should last a while.