Badgeless grill?

vizi0n

Hey there everyone!

I'd like to get a badgeless grill like this:

Does anyone know where to get those online, and how much do they usually go for as I haven't seen any. I've heard about "Kudos style" and other companies but haven't found anything...

Thanks!

Frank

MORF114

prob be cheaper to make one youself . not that hard i made one in my apprentiship for my 1.4 sunny.

maz

get your mesh from B&Q, i went into halfrauds and they were selling mesh for £28 for a small square, what a con! so i popped into B&Q and went to the dry wall section and got enough mesh to wrap the car in for £4.75

faz

I seen this style of grill on ebay a few months back but never bought it.

I contacted the seller who said he made them himself and they were about £40.

BUT....

I dont have his email address and cant remember his name so pretty pointless post.

Sorry.

vizi0n

haha its alright, and maz, thanks for the advice but I'm in Canada so no B&Q here :(

I guess I can try to get some at a Home Depot or something

vizi0n

thanks for the "diy" motivation you guys gave me! here's the result of a couple of hour work

flat black mesh in the hole, no more separator in the middle and the gti-r badge moved from the back to the front

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
That looks really smart, well done! So it took around 2 hrs to do - not bad!

It reminds me of the vauxhall grill!

Aimee

vizi0n

got tons of pics! and it took more than 2 hours because I had to wait for the putty to dry, sand alot, 2-3 layers of primer, 2 coats of paint

I'll try to post pics of the process (I have about 10-15 pics) later tonight

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Thats really good, it looked sooo much better when you added the left over bits back on & cleaned it all up.

:thumbsup: to you matey