Autoglym Best in Scene:Modified Live, Oulton Park

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Ah - I'm not a registered member, so I can't see that one... this is just a way for Andy to get more members on Octane Junkies isn't it?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I've managed to beat Andy to it, and get my pictures up first (although now he's a mod, maybe I shouldn't anger him).

The Noriss mobile (before he broke a fingernail and pulled-out).

A genuine Norris built engine... I don't need to say that it didn't last the race.

Can anyone explain to me why you'd try to make your EVO look like a Civic by chopping a section out of the middle?

The engine bay of one Mr O Clark - Andy's new pal apparently!

Carbon ceramic brakes... yeah they pwns j00!

I don't know what this is, but it looked insane to me!

I narrowly missed capturing this off when it happened.

...and this is just some 13-year old kid who's competing in the EDC - he's not great at it, but considering his age, he's quite impressive. I think he'll only get better.

That's probably enough for now.

Last edited:

Mr GTiR

I've managed to beat Andy to it, and get my pictures up first (although now he's a mod, maybe I shouldn't anger him).
Hahaha, that's no problem. I left my camera in the car last night so just off out to go and get my car. Hopefully get some pictures posted up tonight.

A big thanks to all those who turn up yesterday. We managed to get 5 Pulsars on a stand, which I think is very good going.

Billy, hope your mate got his car rescured by the AA last night. Sorry I did not stop but was under orders from the wife to get my a$$ home for tea.

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
How long did it take you to get back to the main road? - Took me almost as long as it did to get home from there once I was on it!

I was keeping my eyes open for an AA van coming the other way... but I didn't see one.

Last edited:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
An interesting day I must say. The Modified show was a little chavvy for my liking, but the effort into the shows was there. The demonstrations and track time was good and that made up for it all...

Would I go again to OP? Why not it’s down the road and you get TA as well as the EDC

...roll on Silverstone :thumb:

Welcome to Time Attack at Oulton Park

The New Demolition Derby Car from Mr Norris

I also made a new friend when I was having a mooch around the pits...

...I ended up talking to Olly Clarke from RCM (Rodger Clarke Motorsport) about his car, new additions that had been made and this year’s level of competition.
Throughout the conversation we both had a laugh and a joke and even a little piss taking too!
He genuinely seemed a nice guy and took the time just to chat to me about random crap and his experiences driving around Oulton Park as well as my own!

Anyway the day started with the weather deciding to chuck it down for about 30mins, after that it started to clear and even the sun came out to say hello
(in a nutshell the track had been washed and was ready to go!)

Just missed this shot, but you get the idea...

Just before the event started the ZEN Impreza made a suprise entrance and joined there and then to compete in this years 2009 event...

After Time Attack the EDC (drifting) boys came out to "do their thing"

This was the 1st time in the history of Oulton Park that an event would be run anti-clockwise

Not quite the way to do it.... :doh:

Dinner time kicked in and we watched a few people taking their own cars our on to the drift track to see what they could do…

Once dinner had pasted more action was laid on from Time Attack club and pro classed slogging it out for the Super Battle

Some people were trying VERY hard this year

Check out the front brake discs... :shock:

....err, I got distracted???

Bring the family, why not?

After the event had finished I popped back into the pits for a gander and chat to people...

Carbon Brakes...hmmm 8)

One plain looking Civic

One set of knackered discs... :shock:

...and pads :doh:

Same car, same people, different name :der: