Autocross: North East: 22nd August 2021, we need you there..

Jon Olds

Facebook 'autocross' or 'ANECCC' my club TDMC are organising an event 22nd August, anybody want more info, please get in touch
Regards
Jon
Time trial, racing on a grass field. Minimum safety gear. Free license MSUK this year. 4 runs, plus finals, about 75 quid entry fee. Good on site catering, fiver a car spectators. SR8 Peterlee area. Proper proper clubmans competition
Regards
Jon

Jon Olds

We need this, after this C19 malarky... Johnny, if you want to help out on the day, please let me know. We need anybody to chip
in as marshals etc
Regards
Jon
I have loaned out my mk1 golf to a youngster to race, will be great to see it go...

johnny gtir

Not the event above but a local one. Absolutely great to see Jon as always doing what he loves and always smiling. Real credit to what Motorsport should be and wanting the younger generation to be influenced by motorsport . Great guy and one of the most genuine people you meet ( not many about these days) it’s reasons like this members I met through the pulsars that glad I got into gtir’s met some great genuine people through them. Met a few idiots to ha ha

Jon Olds

Superb that you turned up and got involved knowing no one on arrival. Funny old day, highs and lows. The highs were a great crew of ex collegues and friends, including some around the 30 age group, surely what basic clubman motorsport needs going forward.
'We' had two cars there, both broken by lunchtime, that'll be the low then.
BUT, everybody was still smiling, which is surely what motorsport is all about.
My Ibiza, broken CV joint , probably to many horses being applied with too much steering lock
My old mk1 golf (now in new hand Matt F) with drive to one front wheel on. Not good, internal gearbox issues, LSD related)
Good news, 5 days later, both cars now operational, nothing money and hard work hasn't sorted, as ever with motorsport.
9th May next event. This time a competitive track , a lot faster hopefully.
Same venue (Ponteland, Newcastle) , think everybody there had a good day, weather helped, as sunny. (1mile north Ponteland)
Marshals always wanted, so message me if you fancy it, no previous knowledge needed, you will be made very welcome.
My 'cunning' plan was to take Johnny for a run around in my car but fate and a broken CV intervened, LOL
ATB
Jon

Last edited: