Auto illusion's dials

J

Jon

ok, all in place & wires connected, just got to connect them to the R when i get home later.

only niggle i had was that the locating pin came up a bit more than it should have with the needle on the Temp gauge as it was well stuck on

Rick has said that it should be ok though!

+ the speedo needle slightly rubs on the surface of the new dial
hopefully that will cure itself

only thing ive gotta do now is recalibrate the 180kmh to 300kmh,
errrr..think i betta find some1 that can do that for me

any one else fitted their's yet?
Jon

S

Sunny Nutter

I am hoping to remove my dash and fit them this evening after I fit my fuel pump!
:wink:

A

antilag

the needles shouldnt b rubbing the dials mate mines miles off

J

Jon

i know antilag, mine had the prob b4 i fitted them, the needle seemed to stick sometimes
where did you put your brightness control?

J

Jon

i know antilag, mine had the prob b4 i fitted them, the needle seemed to stick sometimes
where did you put your brightness control mate?

Rick at AI is posting up about that by the way, think it was missed off the instructions

A

antilag

under the dash but im gonna modify it to stay bright all the time

S

Sunny Nutter

sorry for cross posting mods! :oops:

for those of you who did what antilag did (remove the needles without letting them pass the stop-pins and allowing the to settle!)
this works only on the centre gauges, turn on the ignition, this will re-align the position of the needles, push the oil temp and pressure back to the rest point of the needle and push the boost gauge back to 0 (zero)

when I refitted my dials my temperature gauge isnt working!
it popped off after I had replaced the needle
what i need to know at what point does the needle settle after you lift it over the stop pin?
is it 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 o'clock?
I need to know this asap, cos I am getting my car set up tomorrow to 1.2 bar!
i wont be online till after the weekend, but if you would be so good to text it to me that would be great
+ 353 87 8482191
thanks
Ciaran