ashills dyno graph

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
AZ as has already been mentioned my 3071 hits 1.8 bar before 3500 rpm and holds it all the way to the red line. It's all to do with the complete package not just assuming the turbo will do all the work.

I found my 3071 comes on boost a little quicker than the 2871 I had on the same set up a couple of yeas ago.

(complete package = quality components that match each other as best as possible and attention to detail as far as air flow/speed is concerned. A 3 inch turbo inlet pipe to comp housing, from the turbo comp housing as smooth as possible intercooler pipe run paying attention to the quality of the inside of the pipework & smoothing off any rough pipe joints (the ends of each pipe are slightly belled out so not to interupt/disturb airflow) pipework linked to a quality cooler (R33 ARC), inlet to plenum chamber reamed out (was 56mm now 58mm ID) and feathered pipe edges, ported throttle body inlets, ported throttle body outlets matched to the ported ports in the head, polished/ported/flowed head & valve gear, ported standard exhaust manifold matched to the exhaust ports in the head (that could be improved with a really good quality tubular manifold), ported internal wastegate leading to 3 inch (Janspeed) single piece turbo elbow, frontpipe and exhaust system.

Last edited:
O

Odin

azboy said:
I'm saying a gt2871 would have less lag and thats why I'm thinking about getting one
First off please read the forum rules regarding the use of the Queen's English when replying to posts :doh: :roll: .

And the GT2871 just isn't a very good turbo :roll: , Get a GTRS or GT28RS if you want A quick spooling turbo, As Steve said the 3071 also spools up quicker.

Rob

Keira

i'd get a t51r on there for a few months :shock: :cry: :lol:

then, when you're really sick of it, stick a 3071 on instead and concerns about lag would be a thing of the past :lol:

ashills

standard headgasket is pretty good some have run upto 2 bar of boost others have had them go at 1.6 bit of a lottery as to how car has been treated before really