Are the tappets hydraulic?

S

Scrim

hi all, was just wandering if the R has hydraulic tappets as mine are very "tappety". Apparently you can buy some kind of fuel additive to make them reset to stop that annoying noise. If incorrect, does anyone have a rough idea how much it would cost me to get this problem fixed and what parts to replace?? cheers!!:-D

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Scrim said:
hi all, was just wandering if the R has hydraulic tappets as mine are very "tappety". Apparently you can buy some kind of fuel additive to make them reset to stop that annoying noise. If incorrect, does anyone have a rough idea how much it would cost me to get this problem fixed and what parts to replace?? cheers!!:-D
You might have too thin oil as that tends to make them noisey.

If it's not the oil and you do need to do the clearances,you'll need to get the correct shims if you're doing the job yourself.

G

GTIR_SLEEPER

hi i have just got my gtir and i have the same problem, iv also been told its the shims thst need doing, does anyone have any more info on this,
thanks dan

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
GTIR_SLEEPER said:
hi i have just got my gtir and i have the same problem, iv also been told its the shims thst need doing, does anyone have any more info on this,
thanks dan
Do you more info on, how to check & set the shim tolerences........

It's all in the workshop manual

heres a handy link;-)