Apexi AVC-aaarrrrggg.!!!!!

J

justin666

Hey you..[:D]

Right, Finally just finished getting the apexi avc-r in my r and I just wanna confirm that i got it right.. It appears to all be monitoring OK but for some reason it dont seem to be controllin boost..!!!![B)] Now, rather than this being a problem with the apexi, its more likely down to me bein a crappy mechanic.!! Electrics i understand but engines I dont..[xx(]

So.. Tell me if this is right....

Starting with the solenoid valve.. I have the com port connected to the actuator.. (correct.???) The NQ port hose goes to the connector under the right side of the intercooler as u look at it from the front (correct..??) I have closed off the hose that goes from the induction pipe (air filter to turbo) to the old boost valve and also unpugged the electronic connector to the old boost valve (correct.??)
The pressure sensor, i have t pieced this into the vacuum hose that goes into the back of the IC.. (correct..??)

What am i missing here..??? have I got all this pipe work in correctly..???

Any help greatly recieved...[:)]

Thanx in advance guys..

Laters
J...

Come get your OATS..!!!!

J

justin666

What kinda levels should I be setting it too..?? I have to be honest, I dont really under stand how the thing works..!!!
She is sposed to be running at 1 bar...[:D]

thanx again for any help..

laters
J

Come get your OATS..!!!!

M

memski

Also, my pressure sensor is T-pieced in with the fuel pressure regulator, there are various other places you can T this up with though.

J

justin666

Thanx guys... [:D] Gonna get me self outside in a bit and try to get the thing working properly... Is it OK having the pressure sensor T-Pieced in to that pipe at the back of the IC..?? What other places can i T-piece it into then..?? The Apexi is reading the pressure when on boost but is only readin from +-0.00 and upwards.. I aint gettin any negative numbers when lifting off like on the boost gauge.. is it sposed to do that..???

Cheers for all the help.. [:D]

Laters
J..

Come get your OATS..!!!!

J

justin666

Woooooo [:D] Cracked it.. [:D]

Turns out that cause i wasnt monitorin boost pressure correctly the system therefore cudnt control it..!!! Makes sense dunnit[:eek:)] So having T-pieced the pressure sensor into the standard boost gauge Hose all now appears to be OK [:D] car is now runnin and holding a stable 1 bar[:D] and monitoring Perfectly.

Thanx for the help guys, Muchly appreciated..

Laters
J..

Come get your OATS..!!!!