Anyone running a maxworx dry sump

Greygtir

As title says is anyone on in this club running a drysump kit from mazworx or similar. Dont what to have a 1000 posts explaining myself or justifying why i just want know be in contact with someone who is running a dry sump setup cheers in advance

Greygtir

Been in tourch with mazworx the do the bits to suit the 54c block but the pan is rwd. I found who make them pan just waiting for them to get back in touch.

Its just a bit of info tbh. I will drop you a pm :)

My thoughts exactly dude, I'm sure that a dry sump set up could could be put together for half that with a bit of engineering nounce; £300 for the pan, £400 for a pump leaves plenty for brackets, lines, a belt and a tank.Have you got a build thread for your car, sounds like it'll be a real weapon? I guess its being built for hillclimbing or something similar?

RO_SUNNY

My opinion is that you don need a dry sump on the GTIR because the engine doesn't have that much of a sump itself.

I never heard about any gtir suffering from oil starvation..........

red reading

My opinion is that you don need a dry sump on the GTIR because the engine doesn't have that much of a sump itself.

I never heard about any gtir suffering from oil starvation..........

Many gtir suffer from oil starvation on track Gabriel, it's very common...ed's car did it 2 weeks ago at lydden hill, it will be made worse in the uk with clockwise orientated tracks ( more right hand bends) and the sump pickup being on the right hand side of the engine.

Fusion Ed

Got a video of this... Although reported pressure was good, you can't really rely on the stock gauges - to slow to react.

warpspeed

I will be using dry sump on my car, have pace 3 stage pump and 2 gallon tank....will be making my own sump with the milling machine..

Greygtir

Well scott i dont have a milling machine but im sure we will work somthing out soon if u get me. ;)

there are many reasons i do need a dry sump, many why i dont but i dnt want to justify myself. Hey i dont need carbon doors but i will have them.

just after a bit of advice. The car will be getting tottaly abused next year. That is for sure so if i get good advice from the right people its a massive help :)

RO_SUNNY

Something like this can be done ....in my own opinion is the cheapest and best way.
....the aluminium part should be made bigger with some side extensions

And on the oil pickup tube should me made like this

red reading

Gates and baffled sumps only work in one plane, as my mate just found out at rockingham witch is a anticlockwise circuit. Besides if you are going to that much trouble it's just as much aggro to make a dry sump setup using the standard pan and oil pump with pick up, just a matter of fitting a differant oil filter replacement housing on the back of the engine and a new pressure pump and drive on the front with the associated lines for it all and a resovoir and cooler.

other problem with fitting big wing and baffled sumps on the gtir is Clearence with the ground.....even standard sumps get bent regularly remember.

Greygtir

This issue has been covered many of times no one has ever come up with a decent baffled sump. Plus it would be more effort than a dry sump pan. On top of that it would only leave 1 bracket to be made to fit a pump. As evryrhing can be sourced separate. Im sure we all know the benefits of a dry sump over a baffled.

I did not, and do not have to justify my engine spec and budget. This is exactly the reason I will not do a build thread on any of the R forums.. I asked if anyone had info on brembos bout 3posts in i got told overkill. Thanks for the input any how.

red reading

Don't worry about what people say, put a thread up, fuck I never paid attention to what was said and so far have disproved every myth associated with the car, for track work etc the car will benefit from a dry sump the same as every road car that is put on the track....ps I use brembos.

repeat after me fuck them all it's my time and money...lol

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Didn't Pace do the dry sump for the Nissan touring cars? And didn't the touring car use a Gtir block?

Don't worry about what people say, put a thread up, fuck I never paid attention to what was said and so far have disproved every myth associated with the car, for track work etc the car will benefit from a dry sump the same as every road car that is put on the track....ps I use brembos.

repeat after me fuck them all it's my time and money...lol
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: