Anyone know where I can get a temperature module??

Sam_M

I want to keep my TMIC as im not running huge power and what I would like to do is plumb in a temp module just so Im aware of what the charge temps are. I found a few threads from ages ago that someone had used a module from Maplin, but they dont stock that anymore, the only one really has a 15sec delay between each reading which obviously is no good at all plus the range is poor. Anyone know of where I could find a module more suitable?

Thanks
Sam

Mr GTiR

I've got the details of an intake temp sensor that i've just brought. I'll post up the details later when i find them.

youngsyp

Apex performance do a similar module to the one Andy's posted up. From memory, it measures up to 70 degrees celsius and samples once every second.

Let us know how you get on mate as, I'm in a similar situation to you and have toyed with the idea of this type of gauge too.

*EDIT*
Just had another look on the Maplin sight and came across this: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=FE33L&DOY=10m5

With the external probe (you'd need this anyway), seems ideal ?!

Last edited:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's an intersting find too.

An idea I'd had before is getting a standard Nissan air temp sensor from a 200sx or something as the PFC, hand controller and datalogit all have an in-built function for air temp. This is probably as a hangup from other SR20's that use the sensor. You could maybe get an old one from from a scrappy or 200sx forum and then just work out where to wire it (200sx manual should show you). Sample rate on a PFC is 0.1s but it has the graphing and peak hold feature built in.

The really slick bit is you can then use air temp value in the PFC to retard ignition, again all built in. Now who said the PFC was old and rubbish

Maybe Allen who's trying to get the 200sx PFC to work on ours might already have come across this?

Sam_M

Thanks for the link Andy, and I did see that Youngsyp but because you couldnt wire it inline to 12v I was put off, but then too be totaly honest, if its gonna last a year on aa batteries, thats not exactly an issue. I might acually give that a go, cant really go wrong I suppose, :D

youngsyp

Sam_M said:
Thanks for the link Andy, and I did see that Youngsyp but because you couldnt wire it inline to 12v I was put off, but then too be totaly honest, if its gonna last a year on aa batteries, thats not exactly an issue. I might acually give that a go, cant really go wrong I suppose, :D
That's the spirit matey.
At that price, you could see how well it works and if it meets your needs. If not, file it under B1N !! :)
I'm certainly gonna give it a try !