Anyone fitted a Swil Pot/ surge tank?

Dasilva

After doing a little searching i found this is know problem that i'm not happy to live with.

I noticed thumbing through Demon Thief's catalog several alternatives like form for the main fuel tank or these aluminum spring things that you pack into the tank to remove fuel surge as well. But once you price it up its not much cheaper than fitting a swirl pot around £60 plus you wouldn't lose any fuel capacity (use the car every day).

Thought some one on here would of fitted one and could help advise on fitting one and whether its worth doing.
Will check my after market fuel pump next week to see if its not in place correctly, going slow round corners isn't an exceptable fix for me :twisted:

Thanks in advance.
Phil

Keira

on a road only car it isn't worth the bother, just keep a decent amount of petrol in the tank.

it doesn't just stop at buying a swirl pot, you will need another pump and new lines being made up,

you can however get nice simple ones from takakaira (attain tanks) that will fit in the engine bay.

P

pulsarboby

me and k9ng have the attain under bonnet swirlpots with built in pump. definately the best on the market and most compact out of any swirlpots. and they are fia approved should you decide to ever race car on track!
if you want more info, piccies etc then pm me or paul!

P

pulsarboby

ok have done it here to save sending lots of details!
so for matty, marky, phil and trond and anyone else whos interested

here you go:

http://imgcash3.imageshack.us/Himg20...=640&ysize=480

they are made in italy, you should be able to get full details from there website!
they are very compact (approx 11''x6''x3'') and contain an inbuilt walbro pump, i paid £150 for mine s/h but unused! k9ng (paul) will give you more details on these as he has since bought and fitted one direct from manufacturers.

they can easily be placed under bonnet and will provide fuel to the injector rail even if car is at the steepest of gradients or angles (and engine will suffer no fuel starvation untill the pump in tank can no longer pick up fuel, and fuel reserve in swirlpot gets used up)
ideal for track, as you can run with less fuel in tank, therefore less weight! whereas without one you will need at least half a tank to avoid fuel surge and starvation, which as you know is very very bad for your engine 'especially on track when things are already very hot'
as previously stated too, these currently meet all fia reg's so are ideal for motorsport if your planning on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

nitrosgti-r

deffo like the idea of these!! mine serges like a pig and altho i like the noise it makes etc i know its very not healthy for you engine!!

i say set up a group buy if poss?

P

pulsarboby

not at the moment trond as my engines still out the car but think paul maybe able to put some up, as his is installed!
will fit where battery would go, assuming you have moved batt to boot! if you currently have your air filter located there then it will fit underneath that, so you havent got to start messing with your pipework from turbo.

Trondelond

Battery to boot is on the To-Do list, since I'm considering an FMIC these days, and I'd also like some more room. My engine bay is pretty crowded.

Will have to do some reading on the battery to boot-thing then.
You don't have any kits available, per chance? ;) It just so happens that I'm in the process of ordering some odd bits . :p

P

pulsarboby

Trondelond said:
Battery to boot is on the To-Do list, since I'm considering an FMIC these days, and I'd also like some more room. My engine bay is pretty crowded.

Will have to do some reading on the battery to boot-thing then.
You don't have any kits available, per chance? ;):p

think i may have one left but ive finished now till after xmas, so will let you know then!

Trondelond

It's not like I'll be tinkering out in the shed any of these days either, so take your time. :) It was a _battery_ relocation kit, not an FMIC - just to clarify.

P

pulsarboby

yep thats what i think i have trond, speak to you after the holiday:-D

nitrosgti-r

Id like to know that they work? Do they do the job well etc?? And the best place to get them from??

Last edited: