Anybody corner weighted their R?

GINGA

Just wondered if anybody had had their R's suspension corner weighted and what the weights were?
Just interested to see what the actual front/rear distribution are.

C

Crazy

I think Edd did, try PM'ing him!!!

IIRC it was 33 - 66 but it was ages ago so I could be wrong..............

stumo

Jim, do you have the rest of that article?

If you have the mag, any chance of bringing it on Sat?

Dan has nicked the suspension off mine, along with the rear strut brace and various other items so at least it won't be pogoing down the track.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
stumo said:
Jim, do you have the rest of that article?
Ask and you shall receive, there's a lot of good archived info on that site:

http://www.gti-r.com/Reviews/CCCOct01/CCCOct01.htm

I'm planning on taking my car back to RC on Friday all being well to finish the mapping.

Either way I might run the car at 1 Bar to take the load off the rear diff.

Just going to focus on having fun rather than stressing out over not having the best performance from the car.

I'll call you about Saturday tomorrow night once I know more as it would be nice to cruise over with you.

Cheers,
Jim

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I did check my front axle weight last time I put it on the weigh bride. I'm sure it was about 660kg or so, which on 1135kg would give me a about a 58:42 spit. Time to recheck I think.

I'm sure they've done the maths wrong in this
http://www.gti-r.com/Reviews/CCCOct01/CCCOct015a.jpg

813kg is 61.5% of 1323kg and 510kg is 38.5% of 1323kg
So that's a 61.5:38.5 Front : rear split surely??

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
LOL :lol::lol:, I can't argue with your maths and it looks like your weight distribution is similar too.

I'd best correct the sticky :oops: , I blame my sources :doh:

I can't change the sticky, even the website thinks my posts are too long :oops::-D

...I'll get my coat

Last edited:

GINGA

So the R may not be as badly balanced as its made out to be, reason I asked is I saw some corner weights from a very well setup sprint evo 2rs which said it was 800kg front 440kg rear which makes it less balanced than the R suprisingly.

Last edited: