Antilock light

A

Anonymous

After driving for a about two miniutes the antilock light comes on at the top of the dash, sometimes it stays on for ages and other times it will go after 5 mins but would come on again later!

Any idears?

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

mattGTi-R said:
After driving for a about two miniutes the antilock light comes on at the top of the dash, sometimes it stays on for ages and other times it will go after 5 mins but would come on again later!
could be 1 of your wheel sensors on the way out.they usually give a LOT of minor niggles,like you describe,for ages before they go completely t1ts up and the ABS light stays lit continually.

considering what the sensors are,they are bloody expensive :shock: .i've actually removed the fuse until i get the car back working 100%.

should be plenty of info in the archives as this topic comes up regularly :wink:

Hi, i've just replied to your other post about the handbrake warning light, then i saw this.

If the two problems are related, it sounds like an instrument panel thing- check if the revcounter needle wobbles at all especially at 3-4000 rpm, also you may find half your display's lights go out altogether, if so then you need a new display.

J

justin666

Mite not be of any use but when the alternator starts to play up and wear then this causes the ABS light to come on. Mine started doing it on and off a while back. Replaced all the ABS sensors and thought that had cured it. After about 20 mins out in the car the light came back on, the car cut out and would not start.!! Alternator death.!!! Think the ABS light is also nissans way of saying your alternator is on the way out. There have been quite a few posts about this if memory serves correct.

Hope it not the alternator anyway cause its not a fun job.!

Laters
J