antilock light keeps coming on!!

Dangerous Dave

I took the R out last night and it was running spot on for at least half an hour:thumbsup:Then the antilock light came on and put it in limp home mode i got about a mile down the road and it cut out, when i tryed to re-start it all i heard was a click click click as if the battery was dead so i called a mate out and jumped it of his car and it fired up first time an ticked over fine, i set off back to mine and got about 3mile down the road and the same thing happened again:doh:. I know it not the battery beacuse its brand new so could it be the alternater??

Just to add the battery light does not come on at all,

cheers dave,

Dangerous Dave

Am been a mong this morning why didnt i think of that:doh: looks like i need a new alternater then, does a alternater just go like that tho??

nathan

sort of they deteriorate for a while with out you knowing then get to a point where they just dont charge enough

Dangerous Dave

Right i went out and bought a second hand alternater a month ago it had only done 33.000, i put it on the car and it ran ok for about a week now the battery light comes on and a few seconds later the anti lock light comes on! just to add it does not go in to limp home mode when the lights come on and it still runs spot on!

I had my old one refurbed so i stuck that one on last week and the same thing happens any ideas??

I dont have aircon and am running a 69pk 0845 belt

Ive had enough of this now little things seem to keep breaking well i say little its on its fourth engine now lol and now the turbo is on its way out so it looks like am going to have to pimp it up in the merc for a while lol.

Am off to buy a evo am sure they dont this many problems!! haha,

This will seem a srange question, but . . . . . is your exhaust manifold or turbo gaskets blowing??
i had this problem with mine when i first got it and the heat from the gases were just melting the plastics and regulators inside the alternator

Dangerous Dave

This will seem a srange question, but . . . . . is your exhaust manifold or turbo gaskets blowing??
i had this problem with mine when i first got it and the heat from the gases were just melting the plastics and regulators inside the alternator

Nope its all tight and the exhausts not blowing at all, any other ideas??

antgtir

Are you sure the main power lead has not broken or is making only an intermittent connection? This may cause the power to be intermittent and therefore cause the car to stall / not start.

Could also be that the ignition live is earthing. Electrics are my pet hate, ive had my fair share very recently and im still not convinced all is ok tbh, im just waiting lol.

Good luck with the search.

Ant.

Dangerous Dave

Are you sure the main power lead has not broken or is making only an intermittent connection? This may cause the power to be intermittent and therefore cause the car to stall / not start.

Could also be that the ignition live is earthing. Electrics are my pet hate, ive had my fair share very recently and im still not convinced all is ok tbh, im just waiting lol.

Good luck with the search.

Ant.

Am not sure ive had a good look over it and cant find anything am board of searching for it now, altho you could be on to something with the ignition live earthing,

I have wrapped the car up for winter now so i will update this thread next year (if i ever find whats wrong with it)

thanks for all your advise