air temp's

zia

what air temp's are people see when starting up and once the engine warm and has done a few mile's? currently seeing 16c on cold morning raising to 35c .location of the senosr is in the pipe leading to inlet manifold

zia

I

Innovate Performance

mate that would be well dependant on where you live etc...
If you are out in the sticks then you air temp will be cooler than someone in central london. it also depends on the intercooler type and the air denseity. There are loads of condiction which vairy for this.

(sorry about the spelling) :oops:

O

Odin

zia said:
what air temp's are people see when starting up and once the engine warm and has done a few mile's? currently seeing 16c on cold morning raising to 35c .location of the senosr is in the pipe leading to inlet manifold

zia

I was told that the best place for the air temp sender was in the plenum, And this is where they should of put yours when the motec was fitted :wink: .

Mine is just after the samco hose on the plenum.

I bought a spare couple of motec sensors off ebay a while ago, I'm thinking of useing the spare air temp sensor to get a pre cooler temp reading :D .

rob

ChrisS

My air temp sensor is in the pipe just before the plenum.
Temp is usually about 19 or 20 running about. Can shoot up into the 30's when stood with a hot engine.

zia

I was told that the best place for the air temp sender was in the plenum, And this is where they should of put yours when the
you mean the powerstation special where when you close bonnet the connect is squashed :lol: weather in mani or pipe leading to it the reading will be same. i,ve noticed that engine temp has big bearing on air temp's. but dissapointed that once on the move it don,t drop as it should.

zia

Dooie Pop Pop

zia said:
I was told that the best place for the air temp sender was in the plenum, And this is where they should of put yours when the
you mean the powerstation special where when you close bonnet the connect is squashed :lol: weather in mani or pipe leading to it the reading will be same. i,ve noticed that engine temp has big bearing on air temp's. but dissapointed that once on the move it don,t drop as it should.

zia
there' s gonna be some lag as the sensor cools down, what is it a probe?

stu

O

Odin

zia said:
you mean the powerstation special where when you close bonnet the connect is squashed :lol:
Mines fine mate as it's fitted at the front not on top lol :wink: , I did notice that the temp drops really quick when powerstation showed me a print out of the data :wink: :D .

It dropped from 36 deg to 12 ded in second's with my old forge front mount kit, That was sitting in traffic to moveing at 30mph again.

I'm planning of heat shielding all the pipe work under the bonnet, I was also thinking that maybe one of them oil filter heat sinks might fit nicely over the intercooler pipework where it goes by the brake duck holes :shock: :lol: :lol: .

rob

ChrisS

It dropped from 36 deg to 12 ded in second's with my old forge front mount kit, That was sitting in traffic to moveing at 30mph again.
Thats gotta be cos its so cold up there all the time :D What temps you seeing normally?

Dont think mine gets that low even in the winter.

O

Odin

ChrisS said:
Thats gotta be cos its so cold up there all the time :D What temps you seeing normally?

Dont think mine gets that low even in the winter.
Sorry fella that reading was when I still lived down south matey :wink: :lol: .

I haven't looked at up here .

rob

ChrisS

Ive got a temp sensor mounted on the intercooler aswell. Usually see a difference of about 10 degrees between the temp there and when it reaches the inlet. Sat in traffic to totb this year intercooler was at 50+ inlet stayed around 30's.

zia

there' s gonna be some lag as the sensor cools down, what is it a probe?
it bosch temp sensor, have data logged reading's it does drop but as soon as i sit at idle it shoot's up, so need to device method of either shielding pipe work, or cool the engine more effectivly as i have only one fan at the mo.

zia [/quote]

Dooie Pop Pop

WI 50/50 water and /\/\ethanol :wink: i cant type an /\/\ btw keyboards broke :roll: :lol:

do you think it could be because the ic is being heated by the rad as well as everything else?

Chiffs

with top mount sat at about 25-30 when cruising, upto 60 when giving it large.

with fmic cruise at about 18, max so far when giving it some was 26 :shock: :D .