Air conditioning

nathan

Right i have just got rid of my abs ecu and all the wires and want to get rid of the air con radiator while im under the dash what do i put in its place to join everything back up??
Can i just use the pipe work out of a normal sunny ??

jjs

you dont have to join any pipwork back up, you can just leave the pipe ends open where they go through the bulkhead,

nathan

thats how it is at the mo i mean i want to remove the 2 pipes that come though the bulk head if you know what i mean

stumo

Just remove the condenser and bolt back together the plastic heater box, block the two holes the pipes went through, put it all back together.

pschurr

Yes, as per Stumo... you drop the air-duct (cooling-unit) out from between the blower and the central distribution/heater assembly (take the glovebox out to do this).
It is designed to drop straight down once you've undone about 6 screws. Easy.

Then you can split the airduct in half (it's just two halves slotted and screwed together). You can then remove the evaporator. Close the air-duct back up and re-install back between the blower and the centre-console.
Fyi, I have used this air-duct (cooling unit) to house the CDI control unit and coil. The HT lead from coil to distributor then comes out one of those holes into the engine bay. Works really well.

Page HA-11
http://www.gtirworkshopmanual.com/default.aspx?v=2050

peter