Adjusting Inter cooler pipeing ???

GTiR_Lee

After looking at several pic's of other R's engine bay's i have discovered that my turbo to front mount pipe is overly close to the exhaust manifold .
See

So is there anything i can do to adjust this ?? or is it just that my car has a particularly cheap front mount kit ??

Any help would be gratefully received
Lee

williams

dont need to do that, you can turn the compressor housing on your turbo, just slacken the bolts off and it should move. thats what i had to do with mine, will prob need to remove turbo though.

gtir_pimp

mine is exactly the same. ive got the manifold heatshield and lagged the intercooler pipe and the pipes fine a year and a half later. that lagging is good stuff so you can get away with taking the IC pipe off and lagging it out of position and get a manifold heatshield.

GTiR_Lee

Thanks all for your replies ,
I have bought some heat reflective lagging stuff that will be going on today , and i'll have ago at twisting the turbo :)

Darky the expansion tank is over by the battery .

I don't really like it there but that's how it was when i got it . I looked into moving it to the more normal position , but with my pipe run as it is at the mo it wont fit :-/

GTiR_Lee

Whoo result !!
I managed to get to the bolts on the compressor housing without removing the turbo - just ,
Twisted it round a little and lagged the pipping for good measure

Loads better , Thanks all :)