ABS Not working but no light

Perrin21

Hi, i have a pulsar with uprated brakes to four pots. I noticed on my way home that the ABS doesnt seem to be functioning. However there is no ligt showing on the dash. Any ideas? Where should i start?

MarkTurbo

If the fuse is blown that would make the light come on as thats the method i use to turn my abs off when i dont want it ;-)

The abs light should come on when the ignition is switched on then go off when the engine is started, if theres no sign of it check the bulb. You could also pull the trim panel off in the passenger footwell and look at the red led on the abs ecu, drive the car first then see if it starts flashing ;-)

geoff pine

It may have been removed by the previous owner if you turn the key to the first position the abs(antilock)light on the dash should come on.If you then start the car it should do a systems check and the light should then go out the bulb may have been taken out to get it through its mots .

Trip

If it was never functional, and ABS does not switch on with key first position, the previous owner might have removed the fuse and the bulb. Worth checking if the bulb lights up and fuse. 2minute job

Geo3

My abs light is on, only after I did my cv boots. Went to Nissan to get fault check an it won't read it?

Perrin21

im no mechanic but i couldnt see anything written on the fuse box cover referring to ABS so i can only assume my car doesnt have it. Ah well.