A few questions...

Portuguese_GTIR

Hello my friends,

my GTI-R was converted to LHD and the guy who did it, put it all together, but there are some things left behind and i am not sure how to connect them.
The vacuum pipe that goes on top of the BOV, should be connected to the 4 vacuum fittings on the throttle body, right?
The pipe from the Turbo boost gauge, should connect to the pipe between the FPR and the admission?
I have a 3 way Bleed valve, but the bottom port is not connected, is that ok?
Sorry to bother with silly questions, but i want to be sure as i might be wrong.
Many thanks.

Cheers

red reading

The 4 vacuem pipes on the throttle body are best blanked off individually as they are for emissions, the best place to pipe the bov and boost gauge is the black vacuem box underneath the plenum, do not t into the fpr line as there are enough vacuem and boost sources to negate using that and risc problems.

Portuguese_GTIR

Just been near the car...
The black vacuum box is in the boot and disconnected. :(
Can anyone please tell me where to connect it? To the plenum?
Thanks in advance.

Portuguese_GTIR

Thank you my friend...
Will do it on Friday, as i have no time.
I`ll connect the black vacuum box to the 90 degrees elbows under the plenum.
The one way check valve is installed. At least, something`s right!
I am a little bit disappointed with the work done. :(
Now the car is running 3 cylinders, but i think it`s because the spark plugs are damaged due to over fueling.
Just ordered a new set. Let`s see.
I just want it running and drive it. I want it to do some hill climbs.
Sorry about my English... :)

Dangerous Dave

Your better at English than most people on here (myself included) there is a link for the vac pipe work on here I will try and find it for you.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It'll be easier if he clicks on the link in the thread red put up earlier, unless you put a link to the actual page not just the whole manual. lol.

Dangerous Dave

It'll be easier if he clicks on the link in the thread red put up earlier, unless you put a link to the actual page not just the whole manual. lol.

Bloody hell give me chance I've not finished yet lol now I've finished.....I'm no good at these links etc so make do and be happy that I took the time to do it.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Bloody hell give me chance I've not finished yet lol now I've finished.....I'm no good at these links etc so make do and be happy that I took the time to do it.
I've just noticed lol. Every time I recheck the thread there's an extra line added to your post.:lol:
The gist of my message was Red already posted it a while back. ;)

Portuguese_GTIR

Many thanks my friends.
Really helpful...
I am looking forward to get it running good and try it...
I love this cars since i was a kid and now i finally have one. :)

I have a standard engine, just an aftermarket exhaust manifold and system. The ECU is not the original, i have to find out more about it. What is the maximum safe boost pressure i can use?

Dangerous Dave

I've just noticed lol. Every time I recheck the thread there's an extra line added to your post.:lol:
The gist of my message was Red already posted it a while back. ;)

Well ive noticed the fooking link now! Tbh I only had a quick look through the thread so my fault.

As as for boost mate take it to 1bar (if it has a up rated pump) I wouldn't take it much more than that.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I have a standard engine, just an aftermarket exhaust manifold and system. The ECU is not the original, i have to find out more about it. What is the maximum safe boost pressure i can use?
Depends what condition the injectors/fuel system/ignition system/turbo etc etc is in. These cars are old now so not always in the best condition. If you can get the fuelling/ignition checked on a rolling road for example you might be able to go 1-1.2bar.

Portuguese_GTIR

Thanks...
I am thinking running 1 bar... I have an uprated fuel pump too, forgot to say it... Sorry.
The Turbo was checked and it`s fine, new distributor cap, rotor, HT Leads.
What kind of BHP can i expect, running 1 bar?

Portuguese_GTIR

Wow Dangerous Dave... :shock:
That much?? I was expecting around 260-270 tops... :D
It is safe, right?
I don`t know if it`s a good hill climb car, so looking forward to test it.