4 Branch manifold

P

pulsarmick

Hi all can you tell me where i can get a 4 branch manifold from for my gtir and how much will i need to spend all help welcome thanxs mick;-)

O

Odin

Their are a few options.

I've gone for a lovefab manifold but that's costing me $1500, They also do a cheaper one for $900.

You can also get one from DP and a cheap one on ebay from 2fast2cool .

Rob

Ricky_GTi-R

Rob what is the difference between the $900 manifold and the $1500 your opting for? im gonna be on the hunt for one in the next few weeks so any help fella:cool:

O

Odin

Ricky_GTi-R said:
Rob what is the difference between the $900 manifold and the $1500 your opting for? im gonna be on the hunt for one in the next few weeks so any help fella:cool:
Well mine is going to put the turbo over where the battery used to be, The other one puts the turbo in the standard ish position I believe.

Rob

Ricky_GTi-R

Odin said:
Well mine is going to put the turbo over where the battery used to be, The other one puts the turbo in the standard ish position I believe.

Rob
Ahrite sounds cool8) No doubt a better option:)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
MORF114 said:
this is my manifold think i paid $700nz from a company in nz, msv racing developements.

http://www.msv-racing.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=2&MMN_position=2:2

MORF114

That looks OK, is it ? good price aswell

Whats the quality of this manifold like, are the welds good on the inside of the manifold ?

whats the ID of the pipe ?

and is it a direct fit that keeps the standard position of the turbo ?

Where they a good company to do business with ?

How long did it take for the manifold to arrive ?

Would be good to see some other pics of it fitted and from other angles (if you can :-D )

Steve

Last edited:
A

another sunny

I have the cheap e bay one. What a lood of ****! I have replaced the manifold gasket 3 times now and it is now blowing again. I even had to weld up the cracks that apeared - three of them. Buy the best you can afford as mine has cost me alteast£500 on top of the £250 i spend buying it in the first place.

Shaun

another sunny said:
I have the cheap e bay one. What a lood of ****! I have replaced the manifold gasket 3 times now and it is now blowing again. I even had to weld up the cracks that apeared - three of them. Buy the best you can afford as mine has cost me alteast£500 on top of the £250 i spend buying it in the first place.
Have you tried having the mounting face skimmed?I have a 2fast2cool manifold and the mounting face was twisted and was 1mm out from 1 end to the other :shock: .Perfect now it's been skimmed,i will also be making braces for it aswell before i fit it.

A

another sunny

Where did you brace it? any pics? i just feal like fitting the standard one back on:sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

KF79GTIR

Even though they do look ten times better than the standard one, getting the standard one ported & flowed is so much cheaper, unless you are aiming for 400+ you can put your monies into other places.

MORF114

Hi steve

Manifold is good quality id say the welds are good on the in/outside it is a direct fit for the std position with a 3071 2 3/4 inlet will not fit with 4" , they were a very good company to deal with they even phoned me up to let me know it would be late getting ready because they were off somewhere and were snowed under with work to do.
I think the manifold was suppose to be a week but took 2 because of above.
I can get some pics soon as its all getting attatched to my new engine next weekend so ill take some close ups if you want, these are all the photos i have at the moment.

Attachments

A

a11ova

i have a 2 fast 2 cool manifold! I braced it and the stopped the cracking but its just done another manifold to head gasket. Its been skimmed as well so no excuse to why they ceep blowing really. Think the flange must b destorting slighty under high tempreature.

Speak to MRGTIR as he will put you in touch with someone who can sort you a quality manifold out

MarkTurbo

a11ova said:
i have a 2 fast 2 cool manifold! I braced it and the stopped the cracking but its just done another manifold to head gasket. Its been skimmed as well so no excuse to why they ceep blowing really. Think the flange must b destorting slighty under high tempreature.
I think it was yours i saw at last junes jap show at the pod, it cracked just after you fitted it didnt it? If the flange was distorted first time round thats probably down to bad welding ie not bolting the flange down to a flat surface properly when its being welded (you'd be surprised how much a 10mm or so thick steel plate will bend if you dont bolt it down when you tig weld it ;-) )

How thick is the exhaust to head flange? The only way i can think it would distort on the car due to the exhaust temps if is the flange is a bit thin :?

What you want is a 2nd hand ss autochrome 200sx manifold that cost £30, chop it up and tig weld a piece in to fit the R and dont use any bracing whatsoever ;-) 15 months on the car and no troubles at all :thumbsup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/MarkTurbo/DSC02093.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/MarkTuurbo/DSC02291.jpg

Last edited:

Shaun

Mark,the flange on my 2fast2cool manifold is just under 11mm thick.I didnt pay £250 for it but didnt pay £30 for it either.I'll just brace it and give it a try as it will be going on with a new tubby anyway.

DownunderGTiR

msv race development make 3 type of manifold for the R.
did you(MORF114 vbmenu_register("postmenu_287399", true); ) get the GTIR Pulsar new or the GTIR Pulsar new 3?
and what with the GTIR Behind Light version? i have not seen a manifold for the R like that before.

they do not list prices on their site?
did you (MORF114 vbmenu_register("postmenu_287399", true); )pay $700nz for the mainifold with/without postage?i wonder how much it would cost to get it to melbourne?

MORF114

The behind the headlight manifold is around $1000nz but they sometimes sell them on trademe for 700 sometimes ive not seen one for a few months the one i dont know which one i bought because they only had the one at the time when i bought mine. i cannot find my receipts on pc or postage reciept but it was about $700 delivered so i pressume it will probably be a tad more if its going to oz they usually take up to 2 weeks to make as they do alot of custom manifolds but it all depends on how busy they are.
Just send thema email and ask them they are very helpfull .