2021 Coilover Options

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
What coilover options are available for GTiR's in 2021?

So far I've have MANY conversations with MANY manufactures, but many, don't, can't or won't help with making coilovers for GTiR's!

Plus some of the the quotes I've had for a new set of coilovers are absurd (Proflex wanted £7k+vat)

Barring BC Racing Coilovers (or Misters D2 etc) are their any companies left who make coilovers for GTiR's that are worth a look at?

My car will be mainly tracked, however I'm also looking for options for softer road springs so that if I fancy I can run around the roads without needing a new spine!

I'd rather run coilovers than shocks and springs (track reasons)

Any suggestions would be helpful.

keastygtir

Back a while Intrax were making a set for around 1.5k. The Meister I have have been replaced and they are supposed to be much better

MarkTurbo

Before I ended up with Intrax 4 ways I was just going to buy a set of their RSA dampers, think they were around £2k.

I spoke to the guys at Exe Tc too as they are just over the road from where I work and they wanted around £4k for a set of basic single way adjustable dampers.

The problem for most companies is they will just be a one off so expensive, there just aren't many people about willing to spend that much on suspension. If the market was there and they knew they could sell 20-30 sets it might be different!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
The Meister I have have been replaced and they are supposed to be much better
I see on their website they are offering at GT1 coilover kit for around £2k, but I'm very dubious if they are any good?
I've always had Meister down as a cheap product really and not something track worthy?
They seem to market their range as built in the UK, I can't seem to see much on their background history as a company, just feedback from chav's wanting to "slam" their cars!

Before I ended up with Intrax 4 ways I was just going to buy a set of their RSA dampers, think they were around £2k.

I spoke to the guys at Exe Tc too as they are just over the road from where I work and they wanted around £4k for a set of basic single way adjustable dampers.

The problem for most companies is they will just be a one off so expensive, there just aren't many people about willing to spend that much on suspension. If the market was there and they knew they could sell 20-30 sets it might be different!
I don't really know much about Intrax, its the 1st time I've heard of them. Have you been happy with their ride and compliance?

Your right about most companies, they are just not interested in making 1/2 kits and its getting frustrating to find companies will to make a mid range, quality product and able to have them serviced too!

keastygtir

I have the original zeta R, they are equivalent of the regular cheap types. I have just done a back to back test versus good condition standard suspension on lowering springs and the coilovers are better.

The newer version are the CRD ones and they are supposed to be a lot better than mine.

I think they have 2 distinct products cheap and decent. How decent I am not sure

Cathode

Just out of interest is there anything particularly shite about the BC coil overs ? Or are they ok for the price?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Just out of interest is there anything particularly shite about the BC coil overs ? Or are they ok for the price?
If anything they seem to be the only company that offers coilovers for GTiR's that seem to have half decent feedback.

The problem is they are a bit cheap and cheerful and I needed something more track focused!

BC have started to offer "real" racing suspension now and drift coilovers with external reservoirs etc, however that not available for GTiR's at this time!

Cathode

Thanks for this Andy. I’m looking to get a set of coil overs. I’ve had Tein and BC for my old Gt-Four. The Teins were good but they failed only after a few years. Bought another set and presto! The same again. Didn’t even drive the damn car every day. So I went with BC but sold it not long after so I really didn’t get a chance to put them through their paces. This is all a long time ago now, maybe 10 tears. Hopefully the base choice has improved in that time.

zia

Have had tein Ha for over 10 years lol, theres a company in aus who can repair them,but for money i think intrax is best you'll get..

Zia

MarkTurbo

I don't really know much about Intrax, its the 1st time I've heard of them. Have you been happy with their ride and compliance?
I don't know as they are still sat on the floor of my garage :tearsofjoy:

Was on the the phone with Nicola from Pace Ward yesterday and even my insurance company has realised what a useless **** I am now! She said your car has been off the road for x amount of years now maybe you should just put it on a laid up policy for now until you actually get it on the road :tearsofjoy::(