Z32 maf

Hi all,

I'm thinking of installing a Z32 MAF. Is it a straight bolt on or are any fitment modifications required? I've heard the pins are different so a new plug is needed and that an adapter may be required for the intake. Not sure though.

Cheers

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Well, obviously you need to tell the ECU that it's a different AFM (and injectors) which also means remapping. - Clearly if it's a different size from the original part and has a different connector it's not a bolt-on item.

I'm running a Turbo Technics Stage 1 Hybrid which I believe is the T28 with improved thrust bearings and actuator.

I haven't brought the MAF yet so I don't know if it has a different connector or if it will fit without an adapter plate.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
A Z32 is not a direct replacement. You will need to modify your intake and probably your air filter to fit the Z32

Not only that you'll need to remap the ECU to deal with the Z32

Unless your going more than 330bhp don't bother changing it.

I want to be at around 350 bhp eventually (hence the injectors too) and looking at the spec it should be running around 320 bhp at the moment, but the car feels like its holding back so I'm guessing it needs a re-map anyway (especially after the previous owner fitted new forged pistons) so might as well do it all in one go.

Will the standard connector fit? Thanks

Last edited: