Your views, Cosworth Sizes

boost

Hi all,

im just about to order my headgasket. now im after your opinions as they are available in 3 diffrent sizes.
the ones available are 1.1mm/1.5mm and 1.8mm thickness.

Now a little insight. my compression ratio is a little lower than standard.

the original is 8.5:1
mine is 8.0:1

what size do you recommend i use.

thankyou

boost

Im looking at using 2bar maximum boost and looking to use the car on track and normal driving too. i havent decided what turbo or cams im using yet. Thanks to trondeland he has suggested that i ask for peoples opinions. so fire away people and thanks

Trip

Original compression is 8.3:1.

If yours is already lower than standard, in my opinion, you should not go any lower.

Trondelond

Wouldn't it be benificial to do it the rx-7 way, and instead go for a bigger turbo on lower boost instead?
Unless you've already got a turbo that is.

I'm using standard cams by the way, not sure if I remembered to tell you that. :)

boost

hi trip, thanks for your response..

I took the info off of wossner's.de site..
they said it was 8.5:1.

either way they state that there pistons make the compression to be 8.0:1

trondeland.. love the avatar by the way.. makes me smile ha ha

right standard cams yeah.. oh thats because you live in norway and they charge you like 100euros (or what ever the currency is) per bhp if you modify it etc..

jeez i bet its lovely there tho. think of all the snow and drifting you could be taking advantage of

ChrisS

Wouldn't it be benificial to do it the rx-7 way, and instead go for a bigger turbo on lower boost instead?
Unless you've already got a turbo that is.

I'm using standard cams by the way, not sure if I remembered to tell you that. :)
problem i see with that is the bigger the turbo the laggier its going to be, plus theres the problem of getting the thing to fit in the available space aswell.