yesterday miss fire update

matt-sab

***** UPDATE *****
following yesterdays post...................

today i fitted all new ngk iridium plugs today,cleaned cap and arm which seemed ok and its started great got warm and reved fine,later on run it again went to use it and the miss reappeared

the thing we did notice was plug 1 nearest the drivers wing,the port where the lead goes was full of ice !!!! we had trouble getting this plug out too as the ice around it made it hard to get the socket on to it ,we eventually got ride of the ice changed the plug but the lead didnt want to go back on again and may be damaged

not sure yet

hopeing for some ideas please guys

matt
:oops: :cry:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Water in that plug well is a common cause of misfires. So I guess that could be the cause of your misfire.
Try putting the lead on the plug while the plug isn't in the engine to see if it'll fit. I'd be tempted to fit a set of new leads tho.

matt-sab

thanks fast guy i think i new a set of leads too
found these
on ebay,
any good ??
thanks mate
8) :D

hmmm

Mate I would use something that is tried and tested.

Either Standard Nissan Leads or I personally prefer Magnecor KV85 Leads which come with a Lifetime Guarantee :wink: .

hmmm

The Megnecors will never need replacing though :wink:.

I believe Lou Rob has been through 2 sets of Standard Leads in 2 years because the standard ones have broken down :cry:.

And I think Nismoboy also improved his misfire situation when he switched to Magnecors :p.

Note : This is all from memory so I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure I'm right :wink:.

J

jpward

I had this problem one too on refiting i used a heat gun to make sure no crap in there and smeared a little copper grease round the top of the HT lead clip on the head on all cyclinders no bother since :wink: ohh and i use KV85 as Hmmm says stick with these :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Re: ...

hmmm said:
I believe Lou Rob has been through 2 sets of Standard Leads in 2 years because the standard ones have broken down :cry:.
Lou Robs car is hardly standard tho is it. I think 500bhp+ might just push the standard leads slightly :wink:

The standard leads are supposed to be good upto around 400bhp.

Rob, what leads are you using?

hmmm

jpward said:
I had this problem one too on refiting i used a heat gun to make sure no crap in there and smeared a little copper grease round the top of the HT lead clip on the head on all cyclinders no bother since :wink: ohh and i use KV85 as fastguy says stick with these :wink:
Stick with Standards or KV85's? :? :)

matt-sab

thanks guys,i too thought these on ebay to be expensive
what are KV85's ?
and if std ons are good for 400 bhp i will go for those
thanks again guys
matt
:D :twisted:

hmmm

Standard Leads cost around £45. Magnecor KV85's are 'uprated' leads and will set you back around £80.

J

jpward

Re: ...

hmmm said:
Did you have a problem refitting the Standard Leads?

Ermm me? well yes i had a load of water in 1 and 2 plug holes and corrosion was well under way car was missing like hell so i had to dry and clean before i could get the plugs out then i just replaced plugs and leads though plugs had only done about 2k and were fine. Also found leads close to TMIC bracket were earthing so after KV85's no bother :lol:

hmmm

My car misses very slightly on idle. There is a slight amount of corrossion in the plug wells. I'll clean these up and see how it goes.

Plugs, Leads, Coil, Power Transistor, Distributor Cap and Rotor Arm have all been changed within the last 3 months with new Nissan Parts :?.

Any ideas, more than welcome.

matt-sab

i too have corrosion on the 1st plug lead end
quite bad too,deffo getting new lead set !!!!
thanks
std ones though.
:D 8) :twisted: