yellow pulsar

shroom

yer I saw that cant realy spell and he thinks its a norris engine thingy watzit dont have a clue :/

shroom

yer I asked if he wanted to swap for my dads skyline r33 but then relized he was over the border in the forbiden land my poor shropshire legs wont take me

red reading

wot is spelt what, tho is spelt though! the mod's will bar you if you text talk or get lippy. And most of us are old bastard's that can only read real english not hybrid/text shit.

gtireric

well im an old bastard aswell. didnt know text talk was that. technology has missed me out ,sorry my daughter taught me to write like that. my appologies guys.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
So what did you mean to say?

It obviously wasn't that bad (the txt talk), because I have deleted your post... and neither has anyone else.

gtireric

i was wondering why it was so cheap with all the expensive parts on it. and did it have something wrong with it, thats why its cheap. i say this because the car i bought so the lad said.. wanted a few pipes putting on but when i got into it he ripped me off, i spent 1000 pounds already and its still not running right. so the morel of the story is... cheap isnt always better.. thank you.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Right, I'm with you now.

Yeah, I'm not sure it adds-up either to be honest. If Mr Norris did the engine and the turbo, why did he fit a Mines ECU; I thought that gave you a better tune on stock internals and couldn't cope with the uprated injectors and turbo. - I'm not that familiar with his work obviously, but I thought Norris used Jun and HKS mainly.
EDIT: Looking at the ND website; they generally fit a PFC as the ECU, which would make more sense.
I'd also be concerned that a forged engine with an uprated turbo can't make 300bhp; most people can do that with standard internals and tubby... and 250bhp is little more than when it came out of the factory (so I'd estimate the boost is about 0.8 bar).
EDIT: Again, this spec reads a lot like the ND360 conversion, which should be... about 360bhp.
Here's another conundrum; why have a cut-out bumper if the car will need a front mount to make 400bhp?
EDIT: ND would have fitted an ND FMIC when they did the engine and turbo (you can't miss an opportunity to up-sell like that).
I'm also not sure how one of (sic) that bumper is; I know plenty of people with a Laguna spiltter.

I know it sounds like I've just jumped in to criticise him, and my car is by no means in perfect condition, but to be honest when I see BLOCK CAPITALS ALL RUN TOGETHER,WITH NO GAPS FOR PUNTUATION.WIF SPELLINK MISTAKES alarm bells start ringing. - I'm not saying that it might not be a good car; just that the ad makes no sense to me. It smells like "I have (had?) a ND engine and turbo, and it was making big power... but I've f*cked it now (probably the turbo has let go) and it won't boost, so I'm trying to offload it. If you never get on the boost, you'll never realise what's wrong with it."
- Actually that's a bit like the txt talk; if I see it I don't pay much attention to what is being said.

On the upside; it looks like the shell is quite good, and I like those wheels. If you accept that it might need some work in the turbo and/or engine area, then it's probably not a bad project... I notice he has some bad feedback for telling people that car parts were good when they were evidently knackered, so it's not just my imagination.

Last edited:

lilmark

I have been looking at pistonheads quite a lot at the R's, when i saw this one thought it looked nice on the list of cars but when i clicked onto it and saw how the advert was written found it hard to read an gave up after the 3rd line, but as Pobody has said it would make a good project for somebody who has the time and money to fix the problems

As for the one off front bumper it looks as though the only thing to be different to most front bumpers is hes got an air duct port to the left of the cut out.