Y bracket photo

PulsarLee

Hiya,

Has anyone got any photos of the Y bracket from above or below? I need to remove mine to get to the Det sensor :sad:.

Also, anyone any,incar trackday vids -could do with cheering up as ill be off the road for a while with this bugger of a job.

Cheers guys.

Lee

whytie

You can see in that original picture I posted were the bolt holes are for the y bracket. The 2 at the bottom and there is an other 2 top right and top left under the plenium. I'll see if I have any more pics.

darkyGTI-R

I think it's just overkill from the japs again mate,when you consider the amount of extra length they use in their bolts and so on!

PulsarLee

Thanks Guys,

How many bolts to remove in total?

Ya reccon ill be able to get to them all from underneath with the car on ramps?

Thanks

Lee

whytie

Get them going in from the side, I done it not long ago when my starter motor chucked it.

darkyGTI-R

That looks an absolute bitch of a job do you have an approx time scale on how long it takes to do this removal?

ollydj

That looks an absolute bitch of a job do you have an approx time scale on how long it takes to do this removal?
i took that piece of crap off and removed and refitted my plenum in 4 hours, that includes adjusting my throttle stops, butterflys etc...

I ended up removing the whole manifold :lol:

part of the loom is fixed to the bracket and water pipe is clipped to it.

I've now got a pile of metal in the garage that's not going back in, removed the old top mount supports as well, amazing how much room there is now :lol:

be prepared to get a few cuts etc on ya hands, especially if u have huge shovels like me!!

ollydj

i did it all from the top mate, removed the top cover of the plenum to gain a bit more room and any stuff on the right hand side of the engine bay, battery, pipe work if running a fmic, induction pipe and kit if it makes it eaisier. Was it your DET sensor you were changing?

ollydj

i did it all from the top mate, removed the top cover of the plenum to gain a bit more room and any stuff on the right hand side of the engine bay, battery, pipe work if running a fmic, induction pipe and kit if it makes it eaisier. Was it your DET sensor you were changing?
looking at that picture again it should come out from the side without taking the plenum off. just take the top lid off, dump valve etc...;-)

whytie

No need to take of plenium once you have moved most things from the right hand side of engine bay its quite easy to get a socket on the bolts for the y bracket then turn it at an angel and pull it out. Am going to rip the brackets out my track car this weekend when i fit my front mount.

ollydj

yea agreed mate i seem to remember thinking at the time that it would come out from the side. I had high idle issues so that was the general reson for me stripping the plenum off it.

PulsarLee

when ya say it may be possible to remove the bracket from the right hand side of the engine, you do mean the dump valve / battery side, dont ya?

cheers

ollydj

when ya say it may be possible to remove the bracket from the right hand side of the engine, you do mean the dump valve / battery side, dont ya?

cheers
yea man you got it. just plod along quitely, if you feel your head starting to boil just put you tools down and walk away lol. Go crack a cold one open or some thing:lol::lol: