Would you sell a turbo like this????

samgtr

i also bought a standard rebuilt turbo and it also had cracks in it, and the turbo my car originallycame fitted with also had a crack so dont stress over it. Its good to ask for pics of what your buying just to make sure your happy

Murff93GTiR

That crack is minimal.its just the housing not the actual running gear of the turbo.it wont cause oil to leak or air to escape.as long as there is no play in the shaft stop worrying about it.ive had turbos with multiple cracks that have been alot worse than that amd no problems.johnsy wasnt out to rip you off as i bought rear brakes off him without seeing pics and took his word and when they were delivered they were better than what i had expected.so id stop fretting fit the turbo and enjoy your new build and turbo.

red reading

I personally would not touch TD with a barge pole, that turbo was fine on my car and was sold to johnsy as so (cant remeber it being cracked but hey ho they are all like it) my car ran 420bhp and 380lb ft of torque on it! without issue, i have had bad experiance with TD and there expert rebuild's (one of which failed very quickley), i now use owen developments and they are far better in every way, just bolt it on and enjoy it ,it will work well up to 450ish bhp. it is about the best turbo for linarity you can fit to these cars. ps it will sound like a jet engine straped to the car when on boost and 1.5 bar is it's sweet spot.

vss irvine

turbo dynamics are known for scaremongering, i sent a turbo to them for a check over, they quoted me over £500 to replace a housing i can buy for £120 from usa.

pay secondhand prices you get secondhand parts.

no amount of sarci comments or moaning is going to change that.

williams

nearly all 2nd hand turbos are like that. the car ran fine and held boost fine with it on. when i heard about the complaint from him, 1st thing i thought was that you couldnt sell it to buy the bigger turbo you wanted so had a shot at trying to get yoru money back from him?

Josh5794

I didn't want my money back I was dissapointed that it was not mentioned in the sale and wanted to know how it could be fixed think you'd find most people would pose the same question having just spent strong money Hopefully I'm prooved wrong and it works great. I'm not a stupid person I own a car bodyshop and have been in the trade for 10 years now I know if I were selling it I would have mentioned it and if I hadnt I would at least be re assuring that it is ok not pass the blame and make it look like I'm just trying to get my money back.

red reading

specially as i sold it for £580 with the manifold spacers and exhaust studs..............

Last edited: