Would this work ok?

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

to be honest you have got nothing to worry about at all mate. I recently (5k ago) had my engine rebuilt.

When stripping the engine we found number 4 piston had a bit of cracking around where the rings go and the rings where snapped ( i think, they were f*cked anyway) . The bore was fine and unscored. In the end i put 1 new piston in, a set of rings( u cant buy then individualy and for the money u wouldnt skimp on them anyway) honed the bores, polished(not re-ground) and balanced the crank as 1 big end bearing left a small mark in one of the shells, new mains, water pump, gaskets and an oil jet which was broke at the bottom of the bore (could of been the cause of destruction). All in it cost me just less than £700, this was with 10% off the parts and a guy at work did all the work @ £14 an hour plus vat :wink:

G

GTI-R Kid

Morrisminor - you don't happen to have any of the nissan part numbers do you? For the rings, gaskets etc?

R

robinsongtir

Rob if you are after a 1.2mm headgasket I can get you a good price on one as well if you are intrested send me a PM.

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

im pretty sure the rings arn't graded but u do have to specify the size ( if u need oversize or not. Pistons and bearings are all graded so u wont know which to order until you have them out.
:wink: