Would 550cc Injectors give me 400bhp

forge400

hi

Just a quick question I am running 387bhp at current with my standard injectors maxed. I wanted to know with my Super Hybrid Turbo and adding z32m.a.f and a tubalor manifold will i push 400bhp at 1.5bar.

Thanks

forge400

M

Matt_S

Whats the spec on the turbo? Exact ARs etc...

550s can make over 450bhp if you wring the neck out of them... but you'd be better off with 720s ;)

MATTYGREEN

forge400 said:
hi

Just a quick question I am running 387bhp at current with my standard injectors maxed. I wanted to know with my Super Hybrid Turbo and adding z32m.a.f and a tubalor manifold will i push 400bhp at 1.5bar.

Thanks

forge400

387bhp on standard injectors???? mine are maxing out at 1.2bar @ 6250rpm and the car made 318.9bhp on the rollers.

O

Odin

I don't think that there's any way that standard injectors could make a proper 387bhp :shock: :shock: :der: , Mine hit 97% duty at 311 bhp and 1.2 bar :? :? :? .

Running 4 bar fuel pressure and a 100% duty they could just about get there, But I wouldn't of thought that was the case with yours :?

Rob

O

Odin

SickBoy said:
I had 346 bhp at 1.2 bar and Daz had 355 at 1.3 bar ....both standard injectors

Lee

And who's magic rollers where those two reading's taken on :? :? .

We all know that most tuner's will "make sure" you get the best out of your cars on the rollers, I was chatting to the bloke at wallace tonight and he said he could of given me another 10-20bhp if I wanted on the print out :shock: , I asked him if it was real power and he said no :doh: , So why would I want it then :der: I'd only be cheating myself I said :roll: .

Rob

O

Odin

And at 3 bar fuel pressure they could only make 338bhp at 100% duty or there abouts.

My own car got 20 bhp more by just taking it to a different tuner to be rollered, But I believe the lower Wallace performance fig myself of 399.6 bhp.

rob

MATTYGREEN

Thunder God said:
And who's magic rollers where those two reading's taken on :? :? .

We all know that most tuner's will "make sure" you get the best out of your cars on the rollers, I was chatting to the bloke at wallace tonight and he said he could of given me another 10-20bhp if I wanted on the print out :shock: , I asked him if it was real power and he said no :doh: , So why would I want it then :der: I'd only be cheating myself I said :roll: .

Rob

Here here!! My R went to Gordon @ Street Racers in Leicestershire for it to be put on the rollers and he too said that some tuners can make your bhp figure look better.

Mr GTiR

For 400bhp you should be looking at 600cc as a minimum. I'm planning on fitting at least 660cc for my 400bhp but may go up to 720cc for future plans.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
387 on standard injectors isn't going to happen... After lifting off the throttle on the dyno run the operator just needs to use the brakes to fiddle the drag which will increase your Flywheel Power calculation...

To define what power you will hit at a given boost level you need to give us the spec of your turbo....

Rishi

EVOBAD

kkk

i was using 550 injctors on my old pulsar they wer maxing out at 400bhp that was with emange and gt30r turbo:roll:

Simmo

id go for 700cc's to achieve 400bhp at a decent duty; plus that then gives you the ability to go for more power without the need to buy new ones. Haven't read your car spec but you'll need an ecu upgrade (emanage/powerfc etc) to be able to run them.

I wouldn't bother using an air flow converter (such as a SAFC-II) as they dont provide enough flexibility to use the 700cc's properly (mine didnt anyhow). I think the SAFC-II can only handle +50% in a size change to standard injectors - which the 700cc's are not :)

forge400

I think p.t.s have been givin me the wrong figures then. I will take it for another run on the rollers i mean a different one can aynone point me to one who they can trust?

Simmo

I thought PTS were pretty accurate. GT Art in lewes (east sussex) are good, as are Abbey Motorsport.

Shaun

Simmo said:
id go for 700cc's to achieve 400bhp at a decent duty; plus that then gives you the ability to go for more power without the need to buy new ones. Haven't read your car spec but you'll need an ecu upgrade (emanage/powerfc etc) to be able to run them.

I wouldn't bother using an air flow converter (such as a SAFC-II) as they dont provide enough flexibility to use the 700cc's properly (mine didnt anyhow). I think the SAFC-II can only handle +50% in a size change to standard injectors - which the 700cc's are not :)
So how come Jason Gant uses a SAFC 1?and has no issues?

Simmo

no idea; dont know his car, setup, other mods. I had issues running 700cc's on my safc-ii hence saying "mine didnt anyhow".

M

Matt_S

Most tuners I know dont use more than 550s with an SAFCII / Z32 AFM