• 17"

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • 18"

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

Momighty

Hi im in the proccess of buying some alloy wheels and i aint sure wot size to go for, obviously bigger looks better but how big can i go without screwing up the drive of the car ie handling, acceleration or wotever else the size could effect?

Thanks
Nick

snoon

I have got 17s on mine and it is lowered 35MM all round. Front rubs slightly over bad bumps. Rubs slightly if you have 4 people in and give it some pasty. Look good tho!

GTiR_Mic

I would go with 15's. You can still get a set of 4 pots under them and they look a lot better or 16's at a push but nothing bigger mate.

Mic

S

shaztgo

i would go for 16's at the most, a lot of people lower there car, then they put bigger wheels on like 17's, which means the car is more or less back where it was in height, and it doesnt help handling either

G

GTI-R Kid

Had 15's on the car when we bought it and thought the higher side wall made it a little ... erm ... loose or something. Swapped for 17's and delighted with the results. Slight bit of tram-lining as a result but felt it was worth it for the better steering feedback.:thumbsup:

Never tried 16's so can't really comment on which is best, though I have seen plenty of people claim they're the optimum size to fit.

Quite happy with 17's and slightly lowered so don't think we'll be bothering to try 16's. Why spend more money when we're happy with what we have.;-)

JAMMA

Ive got 17's on my R and I dont like them at all. Deffo gonna change to 16's which I think will be perfect.

Mr GTiR

Got 17" on mine and am very happy with them - http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19496&page=17

Never considered 15" as my brakes (310mm) would not fit under them. Had 16" and was never really happy with tyre wall flex and also 16" tyres cost a fortune!

Everyone say's cars with 17" handle like crap and will eat wheel bearings.......bollocks, the car handles like it's on rails (I've got coilovers and lots of uprated suspension componets) and my wheel bearings are fine (had the car 4 1/2 years). Just my 2 pence worth.