wot mods first

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you're bog standard,apexi filter and mongoose exhaust. :)
For 1bar you can add an uprated fuel pump, new spark plugs and probably a clutch next week :wink:

kirko

also very useful is apply for a couple more credit cards :roll:

once you get the tuning bug you'll need them 8) 8)

geetee

Ignore these guys - :lol: :lol: :lol:

First off....

Get a clutch pedal box support bracket for a tenner.

Put some decent oil in it and change the filter.

Change the fuel filter.

Change all the gearbox, transfer and diff oils.

Change the plugs, leads and dizzy.

Now you are about 200 notes lighter.... begin

at the first reply above :lol:

Oh and don't forget that the brakes are utter shit and will overheat at bend one, rendering any extra power useless.... so budget that too...

Welcome :twisted:

All Major Credit Cards Accepted :twisted: :twisted:

The Nissan Pulsar - A National Debt - not just a car :twisted:

G

gaz n.i

i was thinkin of getting
turbo timer
exhaust mongoose(which most of u have)
fmic
fuel pump
airfilter
colin's d/v
boost controller(which 1 tho?) or power f/c + comander
o and a nice new clutch wot one would u recomend?

G

gaz n.i

feck start again then get a blank cheque book first and basicaly a dawn good service

A

Anonymous

geetee said:
Ignore these guys - :lol: :lol: :lol:

First off....

Get a clutch pedal box support bracket for a tenner.

Put some decent oil in it and change the filter.

Change the fuel filter.

Change all the gearbox, transfer and diff oils.

Change the plugs, leads and dizzy.

Now you are about 200 notes lighter.... begin

at the first reply above :lol:

Oh and don't forget that the brakes are utter s**t and will overheat at bend one, rendering any extra power useless.... so budget that too...

Welcome :twisted:

All Major Credit Cards Accepted :twisted: :twisted:

The Nissan Pulsar - A National Debt - not just a car :twisted:
i think he was asking wot mods to do on the car :lol:

G

gaz n.i

well better knowing now before hand than after when it's to late as it's my first turbo'd car and i want to get it runing and stopping perfect
brakes being a big issue

geetee

i think he was asking wot mods to do on the car
Really :shock:

OK... down to business.... how far are you looking to go and how much do you have to spend?

turbo timer
>> nice but not essential. Many Cat 1 alarms have this option anyway.

>> good choice. But go on a motorway in an R that has one. Depends what you want to use the car for. Personally, I have one and a fookin loud stereo. :lol:

fmic
>> helps in slow traffic and in hot weather, can produce a bit of lag if you don't up the boost a fair bit.

fuel pump
>> yes

airfilter
>> yes. Lots of choice, lots of opinions.

colin's d/v
>> who? not really necessary but atmos sound good and aftermarket recirculators shift more pressure faster

>> depends where you are heading. For major power, get a proper ECU replacement type which will do your boost, fuel and ignition maps.

>> Again depends what power / torque you are looking for. Helix Organic over AP Organic for lesser apps seems to be the consensus. OS Gikken Paddle for higher apps - but then you need to be thinking about a Quaife gearset too. New on the scene are RPS Organic and Paddle clutches... no real info yet but they are rated by the manufacturer to hold more torques than their Helix / AP price equivalents.

Oh and ADD

Handling Mods...
The R understeers badly.
At least get a bumpsteer kit else a full Whiteline handling kit.

Brakes...
Said it before but the standard brakes are shocking. Get big brakes up front. Lots of choice - lots of opinions.

Oh.... and sign your life away to Shell Petroleum - they own you now :lol:

Oh.. and pauluk.... that's what's called a productive post.... read and weep :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

geetee

million $ question. :lol:

I went for the boost first and worried about all that other crap later.... in hindsight should have done it the other way :lol:

Air filter and pipe first... it just breathes so much easier.

It's a quick car anyway, so whilst you get used to it get the handling and brakes sorted - it's even quicker then :)

Then do the clutch, followed by the fuel pump and boost etc.

Once you have done your tweaking get it on a decent tuner's rolling road to check the fuelling - may seem expensive - but it's a damn site less than an engine rebuild and the car off the road for 3 months.

It all depends on you.... how patient are you? I'm not and did it the other way... and spent more time being frustrated for clutches and fuel pumps and controllers to turn up with the R off the road.

Dunno... hard question mate.

Just do it right first time.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

G

gaz n.i

got plenty of time and room and a big garage as u say want to get it rite first time as for the fmic need one around my town as traffic is slow

S

samellio

STAGE 1: standard (just keep it standard and up the boost)

Turbo timer- what a waste of money.....

Air filter- hmm standard is probably better than any you might fit..

Dump valve-only if you want the noise

Exhaust- mongoose is very loud but no bigger at the front than standard....- make your own mind up (apparently they're only as good as the smallest part)

Fmic (front mounted intercooler) - biggest waste of money you get on theese cars as the standard one is fine unless your going for lots of boost..

Basically save a lot of ££'s keep it standard get some bigger brakes(if you drive hard), bleed valve, boost guage set it to around 1 bar or less depending on clutch and keep up with an evo 6.. simple and cost effective..
(approx £30-40)
-rolling roads do fook all apart from tell you your car runs fine at 1bar but starts to detonate with more boost.. there's no such thing as getting your cars fueling set up as they cannot adjust this unless you have the appropriate ecu/fuel controller..

Do it right first time and don't waste any of your money with this crap :wink: .....

Expect to replace the clutch but thats all.. If you can't afford that set it at around 13psi and it will be fine..

A

Anonymous

geetee said:
i think he was asking wot mods to do on the car
Really :shock:

OK... down to business.... how far are you looking to go and how much do you have to spend?

turbo timer
>> nice but not essential. Many Cat 1 alarms have this option anyway.

>> good choice. But go on a motorway in an R that has one. Depends what you want to use the car for. Personally, I have one and a f***in loud stereo. :lol:

fmic
>> helps in slow traffic and in hot weather, can produce a bit of lag if you don't up the boost a fair bit.

fuel pump
>> yes

airfilter
>> yes. Lots of choice, lots of opinions.

colin's d/v
>> who? not really necessary but atmos sound good and aftermarket recirculators shift more pressure faster

>> depends where you are heading. For major power, get a proper ECU replacement type which will do your boost, fuel and ignition maps.

>> Again depends what power / torque you are looking for. Helix Organic over AP Organic for lesser apps seems to be the consensus. OS Gikken Paddle for higher apps - but then you need to be thinking about a Quaife gearset too. New on the scene are RPS Organic and Paddle clutches... no real info yet but they are rated by the manufacturer to hold more torques than their Helix / AP price equivalents.

Oh and ADD

Handling Mods...
The R understeers badly.
At least get a bumpsteer kit else a full Whiteline handling kit.

Brakes...
Said it before but the standard brakes are shocking. Get big brakes up front. Lots of choice - lots of opinions.

Oh.... and sign your life away to Shell Petroleum - they own you now :lol:

Oh.. and pauluk.... that's what's called a productive post.... read and weep :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)
well done geetee nice 1 :oops: