worried bout the gearbox

bopper

Hi all 4days till my first time down the strip:-D , worried as fuk i think my gearbox is on its way out and not sure if it will hold up. but fuk im just gonna go for it, if it breaks it breaks. might make me get an uprated box a bit quicker, if anyones going redline rumble come and say hi, mine will be the one probably being loaded on an aa truck for my journey home:cry:

J

justin666

Why are you worried that your box is on the way out.??? Whats it doing or not doing.???

If your worried about it then either a) dont run on the track and cause potentially more damage or b) dont run it on the track and cause even more damage and embarrasment :roll:

If you must tho just dont launch the car at like 6k cause if it is a weak box then you will look like a bit of a nobber when it removes itsself from the car :lol: :lol:

Good luck with it dude.

J.

paz

If you're just worried because you're paranoid its going to break (trust me - I used to share that feeling :lol: ) then just take your time and treat it with respect. Don't batter it into every gear, depress the clutch and just give it slightly longer to place the car into gear.

Paz

MATTYGREEN

bopper said:
Hi all 4days till my first time down the strip:-D , worried as fuk i think my gearbox is on its way out and not sure if it will hold up. but fuk im just gonna go for it, if it breaks it breaks. might make me get an uprated box a bit quicker, if anyones going redline rumble come and say hi, mine will be the one probably being loaded on an aa truck for my journey home:cry:

Hi fella, i'm going to redline rumble on the Sunday, hoping to get in the 12's!

bopper

i think im paranoid, its just i was comin to some traffic lights the other day pressed the clutch as i ws comin to a stop then went for first and it crunch a friend said it was a sign the gearbox was fuked. i dont really know that much about cars. and matty i will be in L### GNY come and say hello

J

justin666

bopper said:
i think im paranoid, its just i was comin to some traffic lights the other day pressed the clutch as i ws comin to a stop then went for first and it crunch a friend said it was a sign the gearbox was fuked. i dont really know that much about cars. and matty i will be in L### GNY come and say hello
Maybe maybe not :) Could be clutch, clutch adjustment, clutch fork, no or little oil in the box or possibly something in the gearbox. Maybe you didnt quite have the pedal pressed down all the way :lol: :lol: If it doesnt do it all the time I wouldnt worry just yet dude. But take Mr Paz's advice anyway and treat her with a little respect and you should be fine.

Mite be worth changing the gearbox oil before the weekend tho dude just to be sure. Redline MT90 is a good choice :thumbsup:

J.

bopper

ok i will try changing the oil but i dont think its the clutch as it was only changed recently thats why im worried

J

justin666

bopper said:
ok i will try changing the oil but i dont think its the clutch as it was only changed recently thats why im worried
Is the biting point very low the the floor.??? What clutch is it.??

When I had my RPS organic fitted the bite was really low and I would always struggle to get it into 1st without a crunch :shock: . 5 mins with a spanner and my head wedged under the dash i adjusted the biting point on the pedal and problem solved :thumbsup:

J.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
paz said:
then just take your time and treat it with respect. Don't batter it into every gear,
Nooooo:shock: Do exactly the opposite. We don't want anymore 15sec passes down the Pod:lol:

paz

Fast Guy said:
Nooooo:shock: Do exactly the opposite. We don't want anymore 15sec passes down the Pod:lol:
:lol: Thats fine - once he's got the hang of it, then he can blow up his gearbox :lol:

I'm hoping for a trip to the pod this year, still not been yet :(

paz

paz

Dooie Pop Pop said:
your gonna race your orange shed:shock:

cant wait to see that:lol:
:lol: Figured people would have had enough of your rusty shitbox flaking itself apart on the strip :lol: I'm hoping for a time that is good in comparison to my cars power figure... but then, you wouldn't know anything about that would you pal :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paz

bopper

yer i replaced with a standard clutch because i wasnt going to play with the engine then i got the bug and now im broke

Dooie Pop Pop

paz said:
:lol: Figured people would have had enough of your rusty shitbox flaking itself apart on the strip :lol: I'm hoping for a time that is good in comparison to my cars power figure... but then, you wouldn't know anything about that would you pal :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paz
harsh but true:-D

we' ll have to wait and see how you get on then:eyebrows: