Worlds Best Kept Auto Secret!

P

pulsarboby

think mr saddler has got us all with this one:doh:
i pulled up to the pumps yesterday in a vw transporter feeling all cocky and the bl00dy thing is on the other side so i had to back up and move to the other pump, nice one:thumbsup:
i can just imagine thousands of people up n down the country all manouvering around petrol stations trying out this WIND UP and creating havoc, big ques at the pumps, ques into the petrol stations and up the streets, which will ultimately cause nasty accidents and possible fatalities:shock: and whos fault is it.........

saddlers:lol:

steve963

key is designed not to come out so you can drive off from the cops...:roll: You can even wind the window up trapping their arm with no fear of them cutting your engine:der: why not check how fast they can run why they struggle with your keys

Ive 2 jap cars and the filler is on passenger side, really good as you dont have to get out into the pumps and piping etc, and theres no que as european cars seem to be on other side:thumbsup:

jameswrx2

But if you look it like this then it still works.. ie the picture of the pump relates to how you would pull up next to it. So you see the pic and handle is to the right so you'd pull up to the pump with it on your left.

gunmetalgtir

I thought it depended on where the exhaust exits from, the petrol flap is always on the other side. So if the exhaust is on the right the petrol flap is on the left.

Obviously this doesn't count for cars with a twin exit!

MarkTurbo

Who cares what side the bloody filler cap is on, i just pull up whichever side of the pump is free and worry about it after :lol: Incase you lot hadnt realised most garages have retractable nozzles these days and the hose will actually reach even if you do pull up on the wrong side ;-)

It still amazes me the amount of people that still sit there waiting for a pump to become free just because its "the right side" :der: :lol:

A

Adamantium

MarkTurbo said:
Who cares what side the bloody filler cap is on, i just pull up whichever side of the pump is free and worry about it after :lol: Incase you lot hadnt realised most garages have retractable nozzles these days and the hose will actually reach even if you do pull up on the wrong side ;-)

It still amazes me the amount of people that still sit there waiting for a pump to become free just because its "the right side" :der: :lol:
QFT.

CanadianR

MarkTurbo said:

until you pull it over and it scratches or smudges the paing.:shock:

J

jpward

Humm interesting learn something new hehe

But way i used to check was to release the flap as turning into garage and then check in the mirrors

Also the fuel filler i think on all cars has to be on the opposite side from the tail pipe exit on single pipe cars but its funny to think nobody ever mentioned this before and what i would like to know is who the hell actually noticed first i mean attention to detail is one thing but linking it with a fuel warning light :lol: absolute class!

gunmetalgtir

jpward said:
Also the fuel filler i think on all cars has to be on the opposite side from the tail pipe exit on single pipe cars but its funny to think nobody ever mentioned this before
I already did mention it! :lol:

warringtonjack

Hehe, since I first read this, I've been checking all sorts of cars and hadnt found one that wasnt true! Must admit I never had the opportunity to check out the mighty Kia though! :roll: :roll: :roll:

P

Pete

same here and am sorry to say ive found a car which that doesnt apply to mit carisma on a R plate:shock: :shock: :-D :-D

O

Odin

Doesn't apply to the new taxi I was driving last night either, Was on the other side it was a good job I checked earlier and didn't rely on your flawed methodology :shock: :doh: .

Rob