wont start

hillgtir

still cant get my r to start,it has know spark ive changed the ignition amplifer module,ecu,coil but still know spark, any help please...:sad:

hillgtir

hi what should i be looking for if the injectors arent firing,unable to try at the moment as i flatened the battery with the last attempt to start it:doh: so battery on charge till tomorrow....

hillgtir

i was doing a chivenor sprint i did 1st and 2nd practice ok no problems,stopped for dinner before timed runs,when i went to start up after lunch it wouldnt start..

MarkTurbo

I'm quite happy to stop by after work one day and let you try my distributor if you want?

My car has got the gearbox out at the moment so won't be going anywhere for a week or two. See what the fault code check throws up first.

hillgtir

update, just done fault code process, its saying detonation sensor thanks for the help guys hopefully that will sort it:lol:

hillgtir

yeh just read a load of old post on the sensor and they all say lost of power nothing about not starting, now very confused...

hillgtir

its alive, fixed without the use of a hammer lol, turned out to be a knackered kill switch which wasnt allowing the power to the coil.

STU666V

its alive, fixed without the use of a hammer lol, turned out to be a knackered kill switch which wasnt allowing the power to the coil.
Was just going to say! (have you looked at your kill switch) :) haha
Only joking!!

Good news that its a live again ;-)