Won't Start

frp

I think if your looking for help my friend, you'll have to give people a bit more info :doh: ......

does it make any noise when the key is turned, it the battery ok? does it have an immobiliser, petrol..etc
have you been doing any work to it? forgotten to reconnect a wire?

steve

D

DREAD-GT

frp said:
I think if your looking for help my friend, you'll have to give people a bit more info :doh: ......

does it make any noise when the key is turned, it the battery ok? does it have an immobiliser, petrol..etc
have you been doing any work to it? forgotten to reconnect a wire?

steve
well it has all the above, the engine turns over but wont start!

D

DREAD-GT

johnsy said:
:Cry: take it back:Cry: and slap the twat who conned ya
Conned me? Ha ha, your funny........fully spec-ed car for less than a g. And you laugh at me. HKS rods n pistons, aquamist ap racing 320mm brakes, tein coilovers, ap clutch, gab this and gab that.......etc, now whos laughing? :shock:?

frp

good parts! all well and good but you need to get her running :lol: ive had this problem a few times now once was the starter and twice the alternator which the put down to excessive heat from the manifold :noidea:

good luck :thumbsup:

steve

D

DREAD-GT

frp said:
good parts! all well and good but you need to get her running :lol: ive had this problem a few times now once was the starter and twice the alternator which the put down to excessive heat from the manifold :noidea:

good luck :thumbsup:

steve
thanks matey!:thumbsup: what manifold you running? standard?

snoon

pump could have given up the ghost. have you checked fuel is getting through?

I wouldn't be sure of any spec list unless i was there when the work was done, or I know the guy, or it is someone that i have met off here with receipts. Not saying it isn't all there but I'd check before driving it like it is.

We weren't laughing at you or or your car - more your lack of information post!!

davey red.r

DREAD-GT said:
Conned me? Ha ha, your funny........fully spec-ed car for less than a g. And you laugh at me. HKS rods n pistons, aquamist ap racing 320mm brakes, tein coilovers, ap clutch, gab this and gab that.......etc, now whos laughing? :shock:?
a full spec car for less than a grand believe me you have been done.they dont go for that unless there is something wrong squire,mr johnsy is spot on, when he says slap him ,he means with a wet 28lb cod,you are now about to enter the world of financial ruin:x

Last edited:

davey red.r

DREAD-GT said:
make your mind up, its got gabs, or teins ?or have you gabs front tein rear:doh: :lol:

D

DREAD-GT

snoon said:
pump could have given up the ghost. have you checked fuel is getting through?

I wouldn't be sure of any spec list unless i was there when the work was done, or I know the guy, or it is someone that i have met off here with receipts. Not saying it isn't all there but I'd check before driving it like it is.

We weren't laughing at you or or your car - more your lack of information post!!
I have all the receipts and most of the stuff is evident :thumbsup:Sorry for the lack of info.....:oops: And i was thinking it was the pump, i could not hear it run with ignition on......

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DREAD-GT

davey red.r said:
make your mind up, its got gabs, or teins ?or have you gabs front tein rear:doh: :lol:
GAB strut braces front + rear.....or youv'e not heard you can get GAB braces????? :doh: :roll:

davey red.r

eeh can you,never, you will be telling me next you can get 400 bhp out of a t28:doh: :lol: nah seriously though,if its turning over but not firing it narrows it down a lot for you mate i take it its a walbro?normally very good pumps its the fuel delivery department to look down, or plugs. have you had them out to see if they are sparking mate?

davey;-)

johnsy

come on fella as above, all that for under a grand:doh:

if you joined and asked befor you bought im pretty sure people would of said stay clear or bobby would have bought it to break:peace: BARGAIN:thumbsup: hope it works out for ya and im totally wrong

D

DREAD-GT

johnsy said:
come on fella as above, all that for under a grand:doh:

if you joined and asked befor you bought im pretty sure people would of said stay clear or bobby would have bought it to break:peace: BARGAIN:thumbsup: hope it works out for ya and im totally wrong
I was thinking of that!!!

snoon

some times walbro's can be poorly fitted and come loost. Mine did and the wires split and the pump gave up. It had also lost the little filter off the end and sucked some crap out of tank so it was fooked.

There only 70 ish so not the end of the world if it is that.

Can you not hear the pump when you turn the ignition on?

As a last resort - take it out of the tank and test it with a live wire.

good luck!