wont start!

M

momogtir

hmm went to start car this morning, and all that happens is it makes loud ticking noise but no turning over at all. i think i heard this could be battery related, altho the battery seems fine (everything else goes ok, windows, radio, etc). it was going fine late last night!!! HELP!!!!!!!

E

Edd

sounds liek flat battery as not enough voltage to turn the starter over so it ticks
get some jump leads on it and jump it from another car, if it still clicks them like john said starts probably goosed

M

momogtir

new battery in, all good now :D

can someone explain how it can be working fine, then 6 hours later, completely fucked??

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Chances are the battery was already dead or dieing, but the alternator was keeping the car running. Other option is the starter motor solenoid was abit sticky and the new battery had a little extra kick to get it moving again.

ki_saj_ng

probably was the battery on its last leg, if the same thing hapens to the new one say a week into it then its your altenator on its way out as its not charging the battery. if thats failing, you may notice your battery light on the dash more than you should.

saj 8)

A

ard1ey

momogtir said:
can someone explain how it can be working fine, then 6 hours later, completely broken??
Its an 'R :D

Working to broken in under 6 seconds :lol:

A

Anonymous

momogtir said:
new battery in, all good now :D

can someone explain how it can be working fine, then 6 hours later, completely broken??
Don't count your chickens just yet

Exact same thing happened to me. Thought it was the battery, got a new one, and that fixed it :)
FOR A WEEK :x

Turned out to be the starter.