Won't rev past 2500rpm after removing the manifold

Escy

I've removed the inlet manifold to sort out some leaking water pipes at the back, since i've put it all back together the engine won't rev past 2500rpm. When I try to rev it, it pulses, rev's going up and down. It idles fine. I hope it's something simple.

I have to say, i'm borderline on breaking this car.

Escy

I noticed that the earth for it wasn't attached to anything when I removed it when taking the manifold off. When I put it back on, I earthed it. I did wonder if it's that but tried it with the earth disconnected and it's the same

Escy

I've not bled the coolant system. I did notice the expansion tank was bubbling up and it was only running 5 minutes. Are they linked?

When you say loom on top, it's just the injectors on the top.

Escy

The air flow meter is missing the wire clip and had come off slightly when I'd been fighting with the inlet manifold.

vss irvine

I was talking about the 2 x10 mm bolts on top of the plenum that earth the ecu loom.

But good that youve found it. Theres only one coolant circuit so you might need to bleed it.

Escy

I think I traced my coolant issue to a damaged seal in the radiator cap. It was letting the pressure out into the expansion tank.