Wolf3d v's Power FC and WB02 datalogging

A

Anonymous

Hi there,
I have been wondering what would better a better option for the gtir. Before anyone replies power fc, power fc, I wouldnt mind if you have legitimate reasons why and know both ECU's, I know about the power fc having 20 load bands and the wolf 16. Also has anyone here got a WB setup on thier car for datalogging and was wondering if it can be used to tune the car with?

A

Anonymous

here's something from a aussie forum...

Benefits of going Wolf over PFC:
1. You can use MAP or MAF with Wolf. My thoughts are why go out and buy a bigger AFM for more resolution, when you can ditch it altogether and use the Wolf Internal Map sensor that reads up to 23psi.

2. Wolf have just upgraded the V4 to allow realtime display of A/F Ratio when used with a wideband 02 sensor. Therefore you can tune on the road/dyno without the need for an external A/F meter like the Autronic or Motec that most dyno's use.

3. PC software comes with Wolf. To get the PC software for the PFC, you can only really get Datalogit software which costs around $750.

4. Security keypad is built into the Wolf controller, without putting the code in, the car will not start

5. The Wolf can control factory boost controllers without the need of add-on's like the PFC

6. More resolution points with the Wolf

7. Compensation can be adjusted for air temp, water temp, battery voltage etc etc by the Wolf

And I am sure there is plenty more, for $1395, you get a hell of a lot of value. To get the power FC controlling boost etc etc, you need to spend lots more.

A

Anonymous

Yep wolf3d ver4 for all the reasons above.
A wideband is very handy for tuning your car if u r into doing it yourself.
If not make sure who ever tunes it for u has 1 and can give u bit of a log of your a/f ratio's