wire rung block

ashills

been to see my engine this afternoon been talking to the guys about bits they can do and they said about wire rung blocks theyve done in the past
has anyone had this done on there R
is it ok to have with HKS mtal 1.2mm headgasket
is it needed to run 450bhp
only ask as cossies have been known to have problems when they have had it done and used teh metal wrc headgaskets
any help???

jonesgti_r

Sorry if I'm a bit slow or stupid but whats one of them :?:
never even heard of a wire rung block B4
(waits for incoming trout)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's where a grove (circle) is machined around the cylinder bores in the face of the block and a wire ring is placed in it. It is supposed to stop the head gasket failing for longer than normal, so you should be able to run higher boost or compression on a n/a engine.
Do we have a problem with head gaskets blowing? I haven't heard of them going too often. Unless you're planning to run silly boost I doubt you'd need it doing and even then I can't honestly say whether you'd need them. Anyone else got any more to offer?
Wouldn't worry about that trout, it's not a daft question. They don't get mentioned as much as they did in the olden days. so I doubt you're not the only one who hasn't heard of them :wink: God, I'm getting old. :(

GINGA

No need to wire ring the block on a R a Hks metal gasket should be fine :wink: and being as the block is ally and linered on a R its probably not a good idea anyway :?:

Tony

I know that pulsar400R is runnin about 1.8 - 2 bar with the standard head gasket and hes not had any probs and thats pushin out 410+bhp.

Tony....

S

SunnyGTIR

I know that pulsar400R is runnin about 1.8 - 2 bar with the standard head gasket and hes not had any probs and thats pushin out 410+bhp.
Anyone know what turbo this car is running now?

Tony

A bit of a smokey T28 :?

Neva mind ive got a spare you can lend m8. as long as it dusnt get that much boost. :shock:

Tony....