Will 1.4/1.6 sunny shocks fit my Gtir?

reckals

As above. im having suspension problems at the min. i have standard shocks with lowering springs and the car is terrible to sit in. there is no give at all in the front shocks(rock solid!!).

Would changing my shocks help and would shocks from a 1.4 or 1.6 sunny fit?

I was thinking of changing all tein SS but i dont know if that would leave things better or worst!

Thanks

RO_SUNNY

The non 4x4 Sunny shocks wouldn't fit as the rear is completly different on 4x4 Sunny than on the front wheel drive Sunny.
Most probably the front ones will fit ( I am not sure)

splmum

Would changing my shocks help and would shocks from a 1.4 or 1.6 sunny fit? Thanks
Why would you bother! You're looking at nana shopping trolley slushy suspension in comparison to what you need, High Performance Suspension.

I was thinking of changing all tein SS but i dont know if that would leave things better or worst!
If you put in Tein SS suspension, or any other good quality performance suspension, then you are starting to look in the right direction and will feel a marked difference in how the R is SUPPOSED to handle.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It depends what you're doing with the car doesn't it? - Althought they're called "Super Street", people seem to find them a bit too stiff for the street (but good on the track).

lakeview

Do you want to change shocks because what you have is too hard or because you think they are knackered.If it's because they are too hard all you can do is get rid of your springs and put standard springs on

Rob

Last edited:

vss irvine

As above. im having suspension problems at the min. i have standard shocks with lowering springs and the car is terrible to sit in. there is no give at all in the front shocks(rock solid!!).

Would changing my shocks help and would shocks from a 1.4 or 1.6 sunny fit?

Thanks
ill put money on the fact that the car is sitting on the bumpstops, take them out and cut them down.