wideband sensor position?

littlewimp

just a quick one! now i have the car on the ramp to sort the suspension i thought i might just aswell fit my wideband , i was thinking of welding the boss in just after the flexi and try to get the cable running up behind the steering rack and then up the bulkhead, does this sound ok ? Thanks Neil

red reading

Sounds fine, put it at a slight angle away from the exhaust flow and at ten o'clock or 2 o'clock looking from the front of the car....stops moisture and crap sitting in it when the car is not in use

littlewimp

Cheers Red Reading i was thinking on the lines of the 2 o'clock position this should allow me to get the cable up into the tunnel area nicely, will try and get the downpipe off tomorrow and tig the boss on. Cheers Neil.

Jon Olds

I've put mine on the bend, as these sensor's ideally like the gas as hot as possible, so I'm told
Jon

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
The instructions for mine say at least 24 inches from the turbo, which puts it about where the flexi is doesn't it?

littlewimp

there seems to be a fair bit of scope with the position then, as my instructions advise 36 inches from the exhaust port on a turbocharged engine