Why won't my sheepdog DV work???

W

wizgti

Right got a sheepdog off ebay for a s13 to replace my bailey DV. Took the bailey out which worked perfectly and replaced it with the sheepdog. And all I'm getting is a fluttering sound through the airfilter. I've adjusted the screw in the top from fully open to fully closed (and everything inbetween) and it's really starting to pi$$ me off. :evil: :evil: :evil:

ANy ideas?????

Ta
Andrew

M

Mikey

When i bought mine the piston was a little stiff so i had to take it apart and give it a good clean as it was gummed right up.

W

wizgti

@jasegould2002-In place of the original recirculating DV where my bailey worked perfectly!

@joeytribianni-Not through the airfilter!!!!!

@mikey- I double checked that and it was all spotless-checked movement and greased it up a little.

M

Mikey

Ok, worth a shot :D Hope you get it sorted. If you took it apart are you sure you put it back together properly ?

A

antilag

if your getting turbo chatter mate its probably causing back pressure cos the valve ent opening the tighter i do my spring up the less dump valve noise i get and more turbo chatter

A

Anonymous

Try loosening off the adjuster on the top of it. You'll need to undo the locking nut with a 10 mm spanner, then turn the adjuster anti clockwise with a suitable allen key untill the piston moves freely, then re-tighten the lock nut. If you have problems with the car stalling, you might need to tighten it back up gradually until the problem disappears. Hope that helps.

W

wizgti

Time to revive this old thread as I've got time to play around with my dump valve again. As I said before I've tried using my sheepdog in place of my old bailey one but that didn't work-but when I got it off ebay it came on a pipe like this one-

This was because it was off a s13 - would this have anything to do with it?
Can I plumb this in anywhere?

Sorry but I'm really stuck!

Ta
Andrew

skiddusmarkus

As everyone has said,loosen the bolt on it to ease pressure on the spring.If it still doesn't work then if it were me I'd strip it down to see it's jammed.Watch out for bits flying off though :wink: .