Why Own A Gtir

S

Sunnyboy368

Hello Guys and Girls ( I heard there are a few here - girls - I hope though its not like my civil engineering class at uni. 40 blokes and only 4 girls, all of which were mingers. :p)

Anyway Happy New Year to all you die hard R fans.

I was reading about why there were so many R up for sale recently this season and then topic went on about knowing your cars and understanding the demands they put on us...eg. On your pocket. On your license etc etc.

What I want to ask is why do you die hard R fans continue to own and maintain your cars knowing what is involved?????

Me...
1- I love the power of the engine.
2- I love the pull in 2 and 3 coming out of those country lane bends
3- I love burning up the modern cars, especially poxy VW golfs :p
4- I love the compact shape and size of the car.
5- But most of all I LOVE the excitement I get when I drive out of my garage and on to the road because you know someone will want to know and the anticipation of that fracas is delightful.

So guys and girlies why do you own your R's????

Regards Sunnyboy368

P

pulsarboby

so i can whoop them scooby boys on the track (i hate them) and there owners think they have the fastest cars on the planet (my brother included)main reason is sunny boy is that there different to the run of the mill stuff that everybody else buys!

serks2

pulsarboby said:
so i can whoop them scooby boys on the track (i hate them) and there owners think they have the fastest cars on the planet (my brother included)main reason is sunny boy is that there different to the run of the mill stuff that everybody else buys!
i agree mate!!!!:lol: the reason i own my R is coz i wanna be deferent from all my mates with there common evo's and skylines!!:evil: and its fun when they can not get away from me, :thumbsup:

MarkTurbo

I bought mine to keep the driveway dry :lol: Must be the most expensive front garden ornament in my street i reckon :oops:

gunmetalgtir

When I was 14 I used to walk past this house that was down the road from me and there was this grey car sitting there, never knew what it was and never saw any other ones about! Fell in love with the thing!! Used to always walk by it almost everyday, read up about them and found out it was a Pulsar! 6 years later he drove past me with a for sale sign in the window and the weird thing was that I was looking for a new car!! :thumbsup: Sold it to my pal 2 years later:doh: :cry: and ran out and bought another one I missed it that much!!

steve963

gunmetalgtir said:
When I was 14 I used to walk past this house that was down the road from me and there was this grey car sitting there, never knew what it was and never saw any other ones about! Fell in love with the thing!! Used to always walk by it almost everyday, read up about them and found out it was a Pulsar! 6 years later he drove past me with a for sale sign in the window and the weird thing was that I was looking for a new car!! :thumbsup: Sold it to my pal 2 years later:doh: :cry: and ran out and bought another one I missed it that much!!
Ahhh, young love:lol:

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Sheer stupidity and pig headed stubborness :doh:

It is the worst purchase i've ever made :der:

It's also had me involved with more incompetent people that i ever imagined :doh: :der:

I wish i had burned the f00kin thing years ago :thumbsup:

creedy

MarkTurbo said:
I bought mine to keep the driveway dry :lol: Must be the most expensive front garden ornament in my street i reckon :oops:

lol same for me!

you know when u have a bookcase over the same bit of carpet for years, that the rest dis-colours apart from whats under neath the bookcase.....
well thats wots happened with my drive way :lol:

O

Odin

You know what I can't really think why I keep persevering with the bl00dy thing to be honest :? :doh: , It causes a lot of friction between me and the wife over what it cost to maintain (modify ;-) ), And I've lost count of just how many times she said she wanted a divorce over the bl00dy thing :shock: :oops: .

Their seems to be no end to having to spend on the thing :roll: , I wish I'd just left it alone 4 years ago because it would of still be a fun affordable car to drive around in every day, Now with the latest round of mods which are going to be at least another 5k :doh: , I just about had enough of the bl00dy thing :evil: .

The trouble is with whats been spent on it I could never afford to sell it :oops: , So I'm afraid I'm stuck with it for ever :der: .

I just hope its finally going to be finished this year and I can just get on with the driving part for a change ;-) .

Rob

MarkTurbo

Odin said:
It causes a lot of friction between me and the wife over what it cost to maintain (modify ;-) ), And I've lost count of just how many times she said she wanted a divorce over the bl00dy thing :shock: :oops: .
I bet she says things like "after spending all that money on your car how come you still get overtaken by sh1tty nova's/corsa's/clio's" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it as your ordinary everyday fairly well off rep in thier supposidly fast cars need spanked by an old jap shopping trolley, and they don't even know what it is,(and that especially goes out to the saab viggen driver who pointed and laughed at my car before i ripped him a new one, the look of gloom on his face as his girl passanger laughed at him makes it worthwhile)
Appart from that,every fast car has high running costs so that wasn't a problem but if you have a small prang then it's easy to get body parts.
I'm also lucky enough to know a couple of garages that know the cars really well (The Garage in Wishaw and Apex in Glasgow) so if anything ever does go wrong or i want to modify then i'm ok that way.
That in mind the only things that have ever broken in my car are two cv gaiters and fuel line slits.:thumbsup:
It's just a fun car and i think i looks great and care what other people think.

M

m34ts_pulsar

hhhmmmmm why i like my R?

dunno at the mo, ill have to answer that when its fixed!

gtirx2

I like the rawness of the thing,and the boost induced smiles,i would rather drive my R than have an evo or scooby.The only other car that i would consider is a r32 gtr but i still don't think it would be as much fun as my R as a fast road car.Also the R is in a league of its own for performance to the pound imo.

T

treemonkey

Ive wanted one since '97 when I read a road test in Revs. It was the coolest thing i'd ever seen. Only the Japs would turn a renowned granny wagon into a Testarossa spanker. Finally got it last week:-D It's gonna be expensive though I'm already thinking wistfully about boost controllers and FMIC's. You get used to the boost surge reeeeaally quickly:der:

Keira

MarkTurbo said:
I bet she says things like "after spending all that money on your car how come you still get overtaken by sh1tty nova's/corsa's/clio's" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i bet shes pleased that something he owns is causing friction cos theres no way his maggot c0ck ever has :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

MORF114

I love the shape of them i also love the way it always breaks and leaves me skint everytime i touch it .

Braveheart

Oh My.....why and R...
For me I was just replacing an old Astra GTE (red top). That car served me well. I bought it at 30K Miles. Drove many more and only spent my money on brake and tyres... not too often though.
I got into bikes and have a few now..... anyway the "R" has been featured many times in my life as a petrol freek and I have just got myself one.
I had a noise a-round this site before and now after :p . All is well now..... I have an R but I want another :p ... Mid-Life Crisis

Braveheart

BTW.... I to have developed a dry patch in my drive (hardcore) where the R sits.... What's that all about... My reason is that it does not float!

cmng

my is simple..
a rare chance to own this car cannot to be missed
there is only 5 unit at my country only !!
and i was lucky this unit was for sale by the owner due to too many car to take care
and owner new work commitment required him to travel a lot

before that i was driving a Sentra B13 with GTiR engine