Why do you keep your "R"

hey everyone well just wonderd why everyone keeps there pulsar. i no a lot of people say its because there underestimated, but i mean why do you keep your specific one.

When mine blew up my best friend keiran always joked about fixing it with me, i should of taken him up in the offer. it took 2 years to get it back and i always promised taking him a spin.

unfortunately after getting it back he was killed in a car crash (january this year) Its really gutting that i never got to take him out. i actually get really upset about this.

ive spent a fortune on my car and its still not right but im at the point where im only 23 but already i know i wanna keep this car for the majority of my life as it has so much sentimental value to me.

im kinda having a bad day today it was keirans birthday today :(

anyway any specific reason to why you keep your one?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It brings a smile to my face each day as I go to and from work... and it's not so easy to find an Ivory one so I'm trying to look after it a bit better.

dotalot

At the minute the only reason is because its only worth 2k. Two years down the line ill prob want another one anyway. And I have a full spares package in the form of a spare car sitting to back it up. Otherwise it would be away cos im fed up of feeding it money at the minute.
Yes it is fun, but only in fairly straight lines, ill have an evo 8 or an sti by the end of the year.

vss irvine

Yes it is fun, but only in fairly straight lines, ill have an evo 8 or an sti by the end of the year.
if you spent money in the right areas these car can be made to handle very well,

rather than spending over 10k on a clitoris car, get your gtir set up properly.

Mines a toy and for how much it costs in comparison to other cars, you can't beat a pulsar on value for performance. It never fails to make me smile when i take it out. I want a white one but i would never get rid of mine just for a colour change because i know the history of mine and know it's been looked after.

Animaldaz

I'm a mechanic so I get to drive lots of different cars on a daily basis and I'm still yet to find one that is more fun. Sure there are cars that generally perform better but there is something about the R that gets under your skin. Wouldn't sell mine, I've been asked twice recently by people looking for one and they both got the same answer.
Mine has been very reliable, but they are a lottery and will bleed you dry if you buy a pup .

jsbuds

For me it has to be the rawness of the r. There is something about it that make you smile when you turn her over like a kid on Christmas day. The WTF was that look on both pedestrian and BMW (I think I'm the best) car drivers. Where else can you find a car with off the manufacturers line styling as unique as the pulsar ? To me the best little car of the few I have had so far in my life time. :)

red reading

I like the gtir because it's a drivers car and has no electronic driver aid's,and when tuned and set up right there is'nt much (even super cars) that can keep up with it.

paz

:lol: fuck knows, its almost like I'm in love with mine. It's just sat in the garage at the mo, and will be for the next few years but I can't bear to sell it!!

gl3nn

i love the feeling of beating m3s focus rs's and the list goes on im only 21 so people think its a kitted sunny little do they know what lies beneath haha i am lookin to purchase my 2nd next month while i finish my other 1. the value for money with them is unreal

Spikey

Its just Different when you drive around seeing the bulge in the Bonnet its just awesome :) aggressive looks, 4wd turbo charged. What more do you want from life :)
I had a Pulsar 5 years ago and was a minter. But i sold it as i got a good offer. Then built a s14 drift car. I got all the attention and the girls. Then last Christmas i decided the break it for parts and with that Money get a GTIR. I dont get as much attention and if its mostly guys :( But i dont mind. I just love the feeling driving it. Makes you feel 18 again but still very grown up. You know what i mean if you drive one your self.

boost

sorry to hear about your friend passing away, keep your chin up and get it back on the road for him and enjoy it.. lifes to short.. if the car gives you a big smile then roll with it..

rip keiran.

guider

I keep mine because i love driving it. The looks off people gives me a buzz.

When I told my girfriend about the one I had years ago she pulled her face at it. I bought another she still pulled her face.took her on it and she never stopped smiling and demands to drive it

Spikey

I keep mine because i love driving it. The looks off people gives me a buzz.

When I told my girfriend about the one I had years ago she pulled her face at it. I bought another she still pulled her face.took her on it and she never stopped smiling and demands to drive it

Thats quiet interesting. Dont know many women that do like the R :)

pulsar brum

mm my wife bloody hates it and likes the vxr i had lol. i love my gtir pull up to any new car nowadays on the lights and mmm ill make him look like an idiot in a car this old they called the baby skyline 4 a reason

grim_d

Thats quiet interesting. Dont know many women that do like the R :)
It's because they are very aesthetic creatures, and the R is ugly as sin.

My Missus hated mine and said I was stupid to spend 2k on it, until she drove it...now i'm under strict orders never to get rid of it.

Fine by me.