Whiteline option parts

L

lead

Hi everybody, I`m new here. Live in Norway, bought a white R this fall, imported it from Belgium. Here is a picture, mines the white one with silver rims on the gravel. http://forum.200sx-ogn.org/viewtopic.php?t=8587&start=20

The car is completly standard, and I am looking to upgrade the handling first. My budget for the handling part is about 2500£. I was thinking about getting the works kit, and I see that whiteline also has some option parts. Does anybody know which one of these option parts I should get? All of them?

Here is the option parts list from whiteline.

Front alloy adj. strut tower brace KSB530
Front heavy duty swaybar 27mm BNF23
Front of front control arm bush kit (4b/2t) W0568
Front bump steer correction kit (Powerstation UK) KCA374
Rear alloy adj. strut tower brace KSB535
Rear control arm bush kit (16b/8t) W0567
Rear trailing arm bush kit (8b/4t) W0566
Rear subframe lock kit KCA349
Rear 20mm fixed swaybar BNR23
Performance bump stops x 2 kits W0922

This is the works kit:

Springs Front low - Control 325 83109A
Rear low - Control 335 83110
Shocks (6) Front externally adj. insert conversion (x2) 1302412
Rear adj. insert conversion (x2) 1302902
Swaybars Rear 20mm adjustable blade BNR23Z
Bushes Front swaybar link bush kit W0007
Front swaybar D bush kit-28mm SPF1135-28K
Align Front camber bolt kit KCA412
Front anti-lift/castor kit KCA346
Rear camber bolt kit KCA412

Also, any other suggestions on how to make my R handle like it`s on rails, is greatly apriciated.

mattygti-r

dont foget decent tyres too

also id get cusco lower brace, and the other struts

and a "bump steer kit"

£2500 on handling 8)

A

Anonymous

I use the works kit. The adj rear anti roll bar is the best part. Dial out the understeer. Always wanted to also fit the bump steer kit. Good kit.

K

kizzyturbo4x4

i can send you the mail i got from whiteline after beeing in direct contact with them :wink:

bare spørre meg på 200 forumet :)
eg har vert i direkte kontakt med whiteline om hva som bør gjøres med gti-ren og i hvilken rekkefølge :D

skiddusmarkus

That's a realistic budget for the handling:

Coilovers-£1000
Whiteline polybushes-£200
Handling kit-£250
Bumpsteer-£100(If you get it from Gordon Kaye)
Strut braces-front upper £100,rear upper £100,front lower £150
Nismo engine mounts-£200
Powerflex PS bushes-£15

Budget at least a days labour to fit them all and a decent 4 wheel laser align to set up camber,castor,toe etc so say £300 for that.

ashills

will hopefully be able to do solid engine mounts for around 100 quid in the new year just being tested on andy chans car at the minute
if u ask him he may put a pic of them up

L

lead

Thanks for the good advice! :)

Why is it important to have engine mounts? Also I was wondering if there is much difference betveen the handling I get from coilovers compared to Koni`s?? Has anybody had both? The hight adjustment that I get from the coilovers isn`t important for me, I just need good, hard suspension. Any thoughts? :?:

Nad

lead said:
Thanks for the good advice! :)

Why is it important to have engine mounts? Also I was wondering if there is much difference betveen the handling I get from coilovers compared to Koni`s?? Has anybody had both? The hight adjustment that I get from the coilovers isn`t important for me, I just need good, hard suspension. Any thoughts? :?:
Engine mounts give worse NVH but better transmission of power and less weight shift when accelerating or braking using the engine.

nismoboy

Engine mounts give worse NVH but better transmission of power and less weight shift when accelerating or braking using the engine.[/quote]

NVH :?: :?:

Keira

lead said:
Also I was wondering if there is much difference betveen the handling I get from coilovers compared to Koni`s?? Has anybody had both? The hight adjustment that I get from the coilovers isn`t important for me, I just need good, hard suspension.
personally i'd go with the konis for road use, which is what i'm doing on my cunning plan, they're fine, spend the money you save on some whiteline bits and bobs.

ashills

konis are a bit soft teh ones i had were anyway i abused them big time so probably why :lol:

nah there fine for road use with the anti roll bars sorted and bushes done they handle ok

L

lead

Great advice guys, thanx :!:

This is what I`m gonna get:

-205/45/16 F1`s
-Whiteline works kit
-Whiteline bushes
-Front and rear anti roll bars
-Front and rear strut braces
-Rear subframe lock kit
-Bump steer kit
-Performance bump stop kit