Which Mod Next??!!

boucherie

right ive got bout a grand for the next mod but im torn as to what to do!

option 1 is a custom built fia regulation 6 point rollcage and bucket seats (see group buy for more info) (bout £750 all in)

option 2 is a set of jun 272deg 11mm cams, pulleys, springs and retainers (bout £750 all in)

option 3 is buying parts ready for a rebuild, ie pistons, ARP bolts, conrods etc (bout £900 to start!)

ideally id like to do all 3 but i have to prioritise especially as i should be getting a respray done this year as well!!

what would you do in my situation!

P

pulsarboby

i'd have to go for no 3, as thats where your main work lies (in the block) without this completed you cant do nothing really! everything else can wait.

cages come up on ebay from time to time, so you may get a good s/h one for less than half that price, and likewise with cams (as i did);-)

gtirx2

I would proberbly go with option 3,but that is because i am always fearing the worst and there is nothing worse than blowing your engine and then not having the money to replace it when you need too, and then end up having to break the car or just end up replacing it with another standed lump and selling on because of money troubles.But if moneys not a problem i would go with option 2 but get a second hand head and get it port and polished and built up over time,and if i still did not have the money for a full rebuild by then i would consider sticking the head on the standed engine but if i had the rest of the cash by then i would buy the rest of the bits and do the whole rebuild in one hit.