which dump valve?

D

DodgeT

gona buy adump valve for my R, was wondering which is the best to go for??

currently running std boost but will want to raise to 1bar in a few months. will a forge give me problems cause of the springs?

my brothers R had a forge on it & it sounded fooking awesome, chattering just like a rally car..
do all dump valves on an R do this or is it something specific to the forge??

what about a bailey, will it still chatter loads??

E

Edd

get a forge and buy the spring kit for £10 and then you can experiment all you like

Si..

the bailey DV is a nice wooshh, so if you want a chatter noise its the last one you want, it is loud tho and reasonably cheap too, the only thing i didnt like about it was it didnt make any noise at all unless it had seen full boost. :?

J

J-GTi-R

Bear in mind what works on your mate's car almost certainly will work differently on yours (different sound, pssssh instead of a flutter etc). I have no idea why, but DV performance just seem to vary so much from car to car.

Keira

si.. said:
the bailey DV is a nice wooshh, so if you want a chatter noise its the last one you want, it is loud tho and reasonably cheap too, the only thing i didnt like about it was it didnt make any noise at all unless it had seen full boost. :?
got rid of mine, fooking hated it. Made a pathetic little fluttering noise, goes to prove what j-gti-r has just said.

Turbo xs for me now :shock:

BenD

The bailey EVO i had was very loud, but more of a pppssssstttttt than a flutter!

I have to agree that it only made the noise when i was boosting it higher up the revs :roll:

Back with the std recirculating jobber 4 the time being :shock:

cheers

Ben

C

cashy

charmone

dodge, go for expensive HKS sqv or the Bailey you bad ass dodgy white r driving b..ch :D

skiddusmarkus

I might have a HKS SQV for sale soon.When I first got it,I just drove everywhere boosting it so I could hear the noise 8) .Bit sad I know.

D

DodgeT

might be getting a hks, but before i do,

skiddus pm me with how much you'd want for it & when it would be available.

C

caz

I had Si..'s old bailey one on first and loved it, nice tsssh. But it broke and started leaking. And after a word with a few cossie owners( a common valve for them) I discovered this wasn't uncommon. I bought a second hand HKS SEQ and at first hated it coz on 0.6 bar it made no sound. But U have to remember these are made for 2bar+ and adjustable. With a bit more boost through it and a little less tension on the screw it makes a sweet noise. Which is never the same twice. It sometimes makes a loud TSSSH other times flutters madly. Wicked, oh and JAP. Lov'n it :D

B

Ben Chandler

Got a Forge on mine and I'm well pleased. As it has already been said, the same make of d/v can sound different on each 'R'. However with the Forge Motorsport d/v tuning kit (£10) you can tune the sound to suit. Mine now sounds like a proper rally slut :lol:

D

DodgeT

sorted, ordered myself a forge today.

will let you know what it sounds like :D :D

M

Mart

Ben Chandler said:
Got a Forge on mine and I'm well pleased. As it has already been said, the same make of d/v can sound different on each 'R'. However with the Forge Motorsport d/v tuning kit (£10) you can tune the sound to suit. Mine now sounds like a proper rally sl*t :lol:
Didn't know u could tune the forge DV to chatter proper wastegate style??!!??

sweet, i know what i might be getting then :D

A

abreesa

i have a HKS Dump valve, i think its class, a bit expensive though.
makes a different sound all the time.
A kinda chatter at low boost and a loud, sharp hiss at high boost.
A right head turner if you want that 8)

A

Anonymous

HKS SSQV is the best money can buy imho, you can also get a thingy to alter the sound for about £12.

Here is a video of my mates S14 200sx (1bar 276bhp) with said dump valve, hopefully demonstrating the range of different sounds available depending on how you ease off the throttle. We filmed it in a tunnel for maximum effect :)

HKS SSQV VID:

Bute Tunnels Vid
[Video 00:24 long, 900kb requires DivX Codec]

D

DodgeT

well, i fitted the forge on wednesday, (using standard spring as only running standard boost)
with goose & airbox, makes quite a nice noise, more of a phssst :?: than a chatter

today fitted a quikshift induction kit (basically same as blitz sus except 1/3rd of the price) & the sound has improved, get a kind of fluttering at low rpm/boost, then at high rpm a nice dump & subsequent chatters when lifting off throttle

:D :D