Which Clutch?

Matt Evans

Hi all, I'd like to find out what the choice of clutches are to handle about 300bhp, as my Helix paddle has just given up on me :cry:

Is getting another Helix (or any) paddle clutch advisable, or can you get organics that can handle 300 bhp?

p.s. Also, what kinda price am I looking at?

Matt Evans

I just contacted Colditz-motorsport about a HKS clutch, and they said this...
Hi,

it is an valeo plate and an HKS pressure plate. HKS told me that the matal clutch can hold up to 400 hp. i have bought me an os giken twin clutch. now i don´t can use them. it has 8mm thickness... an bearing is inclusiv.
Any ideas anyone?

Fire & skill

Vintage member
the helix organic is rated at 350lb/ft and i ran one with no problems with 340 bhp. these clutches are very good for the money :wink: the rps clutch is rated higher but havent been on the market long for the gtir - up to you at the end of the day. same price £300 - £330 depending where you buy

Matt Evans

Thanks for replies :!: :D

I've asked for a clutch in the 'parts for sale' section under the title 'Wanted! Uprated Clutch' and have had a reply from colditz-motorsport. Could someone read the description of their clutch and let me know what you think of it? The quote of the description is in the second post of this thread.