Which clutch do I need?

LOU ROB

The hyper single clutch I ordered is not available till december,which means I will not be running on full power on the 10th at the pod,but i'll still give it a go.

Which clutch do you guys recommend.
1. it has to be able to withstand at least 500bhp
2.it has to be reasonably friendly to everyday use
3.how much?

Any sugestions?

R

robinsongtir

lol cancel the order for the hyper single and get yourself a twin plate os giken or similar clutch if you are talking abot 500bhp what is the spec of your engine etc?

LOU ROB

robinsongtir wrote
lol cancel the order for the hyper single and get yourself a twin plate os giken or similar clutch if you are talking abot 500bhp what is the spec of your engine etc?
I haven't ordered the hyper single yet,but maybe you guys can help me find an alternative.
The engine spec is exact same as jayson gants. :wink:

A

Anonymous

LOU ROB said:
The hyper single clutch I ordered is not available till december,which means I will not be running on full power on the 10th at the pod,but i'll still give it a go.

Which clutch do you guys recommend.
1. it has to be able to withstand at least 500bhp
2.it has to be reasonably friendly to everyday use
3.how much?

Any sugestions?
clutches are not rated in bhp,they are rated in lb/ft.

dp have never produced a gti-r with 500bhp anyway :shock: but,if you think your car will produce 400-450lb/ft,your best bet would be to go with either a twin plate clutch from os giken or superclutch(quartermaster).

either of these clutches will cost you approx 1k and be very good.edd and i cannot say on an open forum what we think of exedy clutches but there is a post in general discussion about clutches i think you should read.i have the e-mail to prove what i posted should anyone's feelings be hurt enough that they would like to try it on with me :twisted: :twisted:

if you go ahead and fit an exedy hyper single and it all goes tits up,make sure you note what dave said in his e-mail as it will give you an idea of the support you are likely to get :wink:

LOU ROB

oap-r wrote
clutches are not rated in bhp,they are rated in lb/ft.

dp have never produced a gti-r with 500bhp anyway but,if you think your car will produce 400-450lb/ft,your best bet would be to go with either a twin plate clutch from os giken or superclutch(quartermaster).

either of these clutches will cost you approx 1k and be very good.edd and i cannot say on an open forum what we think of exedy clutches but there is a post in general discussion about clutches i think you should read.i have the e-mail to prove what i posted should anyone's feelings be hurt enough that they would like to try it on with me

if you go ahead and fit an exedy hyper single and it all goes tits up,make sure you note what dave said in his e-mail as it will give you an idea of the support you are likely to get
This is not a topic of you slagging off dp :x
What i'm after is advice,Stockists e.t.c

E

Edd

he gave you advice...

os giken and get it from hiteq, rod bell or import it yourself from greenline or any other firm in japan :roll:

E

Edd

i commute into birmingham in traffic every day with it, stop start, stop start, it's liveable

A

Anonymous

LOU ROB said:
oap-r wrote
dp have never produced a gti-r with 500bhp
This is not a topic of you slagging off dp :x
What i'm after is advice,Stockists e.t.c
hardly slagging off :wink:

for a twin plate organic clutch from superclutch,you need to speak to tony tewson on 01926 812136 or visit www.superclutch.com

my clutch cost £600 but you'll have to get a flywheel from ark racing that'll cost another £350.then of course you have to fit it :wink:

the organic plates are £51 + vat should you wear them out.

don't know anything about os giken :(

Sweeny

LOU ROB said:
What are the o.s gikken like in everyday driving? Car used as family car as well as drag racer.
They drive like an organic but are better than a paddle :wink: .