Which Alarm?

Which alarm?

• Total voters

Mr GTiR

A lot of people slag Clifford off but i think they are great.

An alarm is only as good as the way it's fitted. My best mate fits Clifford's for a living and we did mine the correct way. Over a full weekend and with ALL my interior and dash stripped out :lol:

My first alarm was a Foxguard and it was a piece of sh1te! All my other alarms have been Cliffords and never had problems with them. But then again i will only let one person fit my alarms.

ki_saj_ng

Clifford mate, concept 650

i paid around £400 for mine, worth every penny, u know it aint gonna get nicked mate!

mine might be up for sale soon!

SickBoy

My clifford 650 is the daddy

has built in turbo timer
black jax highjack
proximity alarm
full closure
autostart 8)

Lee

N

Norfy

cliffords are good and have a great extras range but have been known to be buggy, this is usually due to rubbish fitters.

toad would be good.

i fit Autowatch systems, they are relatively simple and have the extras as well but are very reliable.

go for the toad i say :D

A

Ash10

Since the advent of NU and subsequently Thatcham standards, most approved systems are much of a muchness.

Certain brands are often criticised for being "unreliable", but the simple truth of the matter is that it's entirely down to the quality of the installation.

Clifford used to be the daddy, with more bells-and-whistles than the competition. However, over the years, the others have caught up and there's not much in it these days - despite what Clifford's impressive marketing machine might have you believe.

Personally I'd suggest a Toad, as I've found them easier to install - but the ultimate choice is obviously yours.

Bear in mind how much of the "fitted" price is for the actual installation - if you're only paying 50 quid for an 8 - 10 hour job, expect the quality of work to suffer accordingly...

Johneh

I paid just under £400 for my toad 2:1 upgrade fully fitted, with full closure & wingmirror fold in. Its got air pressure sensors so if the glass gets broken it goes off.. If someone hits the car it'll go off. If the bonnet is tampered with it'll go off. It locks the doors after about 2 mins of driving too (Something i'd wanted after some drunk pulled me out of my first car..) Its pretty f-ing ace.. My only issue is i cant use it with the turbo timer, but sitting in the car for 2 mins then getting out and locking it doesnt bother me in the slightest.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The Clifford will lock your car as soon as you start the engine if you want :wink:

It doesn't use air pressure sensors as large vehicles going past can set them off. It uses a dual zone radar sensor to keep an eye on the inside and close proximity outside the car and it does all the other stuff you mention and can have blackjack and othe options added if you want.
I have the same turbo timer issues, but I just drive easy for the last couple of mins or so and switch straight off.

D

deslynam

Fast Guy said:
The Clifford will lock your car as soon as you start the engine if you want :wink:
My Concept 300 auto-locks about 30secs after putting the key in & turning to Ignition-ON, quite annoying if you get out of the car to go back in the house and it then auto-locks. :roll:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
deslynam said:
My Concept 300 auto-locks about 30secs after putting the key in & turning to Ignition-ON, quite annoying if you get out of the car to go back in the house and it then auto-locks. :roll:
I didn't mind it so much, but it annoyed the wife having to unlock the car everytime I dropped her off, so I turned it off. :roll:

GTiR_Mic

All the alarms stated are great. Cliford are the dearest option but Toad are good for there money.

When I had my Sunny GTi I paid just under £300 for a Toad Ai606 Cat 1 alarm and Imobb, bonnet sensor, tilt sensor and dual pannel sensor.

Mic

Fazz

Do Clifford do a pager alert feature??

Interested in getting one soon with remote start etc, but think Pager be good for the times when parked at car park/in cinema or whatever...

Anyone know is it only the lesser alarms seem to do pagers?

Mr GTiR

Don't get an alarm with remote start. It's easier to bypass the alarm when they have this option/feature. It's somthing to do with the way the features works which leaves the alarm open to being easily bypassed.

I have all the extra's on my Clifford except for remote start.

I think Clifford does have a pager option on the G5 (latest generation) but is very very pricey.

I can find out for you if you want as my best mate fits Clifford and just rencently fitted my bro's Cliffiord G5 onto his Scooby Type R STi 5.

Fazz

yes please if you could check and rough price that be great..

I have often thought the remote start would be more dangerous but surely there is afeature whereby key has to be in certain time ?

I thought you can remote start engine with doors still locked? therefore if someone wre to steal then door opesna nd alarm activates??

Mr GTiR

The unit is not made by Clifford, the company my mate works for makes them ;-)

The unit can be found here http://www.crusinforpussy.com or on Ebay. I think the units are about £50 but will be alot cheaper on Ebay.

The remote start does not need a key to be in the ignition :shock: That's why i don't turst them as the safeguards in the inginition are all bypassed when using the remote engine start. Also, this option invalidates your cat one status as will the Clifford Blackjax.

Fazz

so this can bu used in conjunction with a clifford alarm??

Not too bothered about the Cat 1 status as over here in Ireland they not up to speed and only need to know if an alarm or immobiliser.. no standards a ssuch here. Prob why our Insurance s so high but anyway.

D

danmo

Suppose it depends on if u want it to beep if people are close to ur car or not. I would say go for a sigma alarm, cat 1 with imobiliser (thats also cat1) will cost u alot less and is a really good alarm. The new scoobys come with these alarms on then from the factory.
Mine is a sgma s30.
Hope thats useful.

Fazz

Spoke to main clifford dealer...

The Remote start is not dangerous as the Pin on the keypad needs to be endered anyway, and the car stays locked also. If pin is not entered 30 secs after ignition/alarm deactivation then it deactivates.

Also local dealer does it with lifetime labour warranty, simply call and they come out to fix anything.
they say they are v reliable, but only when fitted correctly.

So concept 650 with remote start it is then...

Fazz

Sayin that, if u on a budget (which I wouldn't be for a GTI-R - attraction to thieves) then I can also vouch fro Toad.

Had one on my last car and very reliable and solid.